In 1952 the Dellow Motor Company produced two trails versions of the Morgan +4 using a steel-tube body from Radpanels. These were distinct from the standard roadster by having a different-shaped suicide door and numerous other detail differences.
Radpanels of Kidderminster, England made the body entirely from steel which was unlike the ash-framed cars from the factory.
At the time the Dellow Motor Company was specializing in producing low-volume sports cars for trials, rallies and hill climbs. Only two Morgans came for their factory in Alvechurch, Worcestershire, England.
Our feature car, chassis P2440, was raced in period by Groeme Anton at various driving events. It was first delivered September 30, 1952 and registered LAB 274. Quentin English from the British Morgan Club was the second owner and continued to use race the car.
Recently it was fully restored to its original specification and color. At the time it had a mileage of 47,000 and the owner was able to track down Groeme Anton for original photos and a leather sample.
We caught up with the only surviving Dellow-Morgan at the 2011 Santa Barbara Concours d’Elegance. It was displayed by Morgan aficionado Dennis Glavis who had just acquired it for his impressive Morgan collection. Not long afterward he sold it at Gooding & Company’s Scottsdale auction for $79,750 USD.