1957 Bugatti Type 252
The Bugatti Type 252 is a one-off sports car developed by Bugatti between 1957 and 1962. However the Bugatti Type 252 never went beyond the prototype stage. The car now resides in the Cité de l’Automobile museum in Mulhouse, France.
Developed between 1957 and 1962, the Bugatti Type 252 was the last car proposed by the historic Bugatti brand before it was sold to Hispano-Suiza in 1963. The Bugatti Type 252 is the result of a mid-size sports car study conducted by Roland Bugatti and was designed by Giovanni Michelotti. It was reportedly pitched to multiple different investors but never was funded and remained a one-off. It is powered by a 1.5 L inline 4 engine with twin overhead camshafts and uses MacPherson strut suspension in the front and rear. During development, the car suffered numerous engine problems.