The Daimler SP250 was the last car to be launched by Daimler before its parent company sold it to Jaguar Cars in 1960. The Daimler SP-250 was built from 1959 to 1964.
With a fibreglass body, the SP250 had a Hemi-head V8 engine (2.5-liters). The car was described as a 2+2, but the bench-like rear seat offered very limited leg-room unless the front seats were pushed fully forward.
The SP250 was launched as the Daimler Dart in April 1959 at the New York Motor Show, where it was unofficially voted as the ugliest car at the show. Chrysler, whose Dodge division owned the trademark for the “Dart” model name, ordered Daimler to change the name under threat of legal action, which is where the SP250 name came from.