2011 Supercars.net Car of the Year: Lamborghini Aventador
Without a doubt, Lamborghini’s new Aventador created the biggest splash in 2011: it was the star of every major motor show after its debut at Geneva in March. We just hope our supercar of the year gets a proper motorsports program.
Top restoration of the year has to go to Jerry Seinfeld’s 550 Prototype which debuted as part of the Rennsport Reunion IV festivities. Peter Mullin’s 1934 Voisin C25 A?rodyne also gets a special mention for winning Pebble Beach.
The top 10 Supercars of the year:
1. Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (CF Chassis, Inboard Suspension)
2. Pagani Huayra (CF Perfection)
3. Koenigsegg Agera R (1115 bhp, Swedish Charm)
4. Shelby GT500 Coupe (200 mph mustang from Ford)
5. Aston Martin V12 Vantage Zagato (Anglo-Italo Success, Track Ready)
6. 9ff GT9 CS (1000 bhp, Porsche)
7. Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale (Reinvented Viper)
8. Ferrari FF (World’s Top 4-Seater)
9. Porsche 918 RSR ?Racing Lab? (Ready for Le Mans)
10. BMW i8 Concept (The Future by BMW)