0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds

Discussion in '1973 BMW 2002 Turbo' started by 993turbo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The 2002 turbo can run 0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds. This is turly the original pocket rocket. Not bad for a 30 year old car

2. Re: 0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds

lol, a pocket rocket is a civic or something though, more like one of those german rockets, z? whatever.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds

what's there to laugh about tiger005? the one that should be laughing is me at you. who saided a pocket rocket had to be a japanese car like the honda type-R or a civic si. a pocket rocket is a small compact car that's affordable and fast. the VW Gti is consider a pocket rocket even the ford focus svt is consider a pocket rocket. you should really look at other cars that are in europe or asia, not just the one in the states. dude with so many post you have, you should know what that by now. but i guess not. so LOL at you

4. Re: 0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds

Yeah. It seems like it would be faster than 8 seconds.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds

It just depends on what gearbox is installed. The original 4-speed goes 0-60 in 7.5 sec., the later produced 5-speed version goes 0-60 in 6.9...

6. Re: 0-60 in 6.9 seconds not 8.0 seconds

I'm pretty sure this car must be REAL fun to drive in twisty roads but scary as well. Imagine an old light-weight car when the turbo starts to work....