0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

Discussion in '2002 Lexus SC430 Pace Car' started by badneuzLS4L, Aug 9, 2002.

1. What makes this car interresting is the fact that it is more of a touring/luxury; maybe even a tiny little bit of a sport car. But its friggin slow considering its engine and body enhancements. I dont think it should me automatic either. Other than mediocre performance i think its a ok looking car, its too "bubbly" and bulky looking and the headlights remind of a WRX or the early model Boxsters

2. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

i think the exact same things like its to bubbly

3. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

amen to that-you just explained why this car is not so great<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

I think it looks horrible in the front with the unpainted Carbon Fibre hood. Anyone Agree?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

Seriously.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

actually i like the unpainted look, other than that its just "meh"

7. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

The less-than-amazing 0-60 time is likely due to the fact that this PACE CAR has a 5-speed automatic. What has this world come to. Automatics are alright in trucks and SUVs, but pace cars? Come on.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from xzyge</i>
    <b>The less-than-amazing 0-60 time is likely due to the fact that this PACE CAR has a 5-speed automatic. What has this world come to. Automatics are alright in trucks and SUVs, but pace cars? Come on.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Gimme a 6 speed manual.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from xzyge</i>
    <b>The less-than-amazing 0-60 time is likely due to the fact that this PACE CAR has a 5-speed automatic. What has this world come to. Automatics are alright in trucks and SUVs, but pace cars? Come on.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I agree entirely

10. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

Wait for the next SC430. If you've seen the movie Minority Report, you have seen the concept for the next SC430 (not confirmed for the model, of course, as it's still in concept.) Should get a better V8, hopefully the 1UZ-FE in some shape or form...good enough for me. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 0-60 in 6 is terrible for a pace car

THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->