0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Elise Type 72' started by aXon962, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: 0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

Ok the Elise is about handling. British sports cars are about being lightweight and good power/weight ratios. The Lotus can outhandle alomost any road car in the world. 120 HP in a car this light is really very good.

2. Re: 0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

Thank you, I've been wondering what magazine I read that article in before. I've used that comparison as an example numerous times, but couldn't remember what magazine I saw it in, so I couldn't back it up and people thought I was FOS. The Elise did even better than I thought it did, I'd thought the Elise lost in the 1/4 mile.

It's true, that engine swap is an excellent one for the Elise.

3. Re: 0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

this car could easly waste a 400hp firebird or camero on a track with turns, the firebird might pull ahead on the straights but its screwed over when it gets to a turny section

4. Re: 0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

Not everything is about american muscle. Just because this car doesn't have 300hp means it sucks. This is an amazing car and it is an exotic. the design and speed is awesome. and who ever compared this to a CIVIC and TRUCK... you are morons.

5. Re: 0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

There are more powerful versions of this car. I realise that when this thread was started there well may have not have been in S2 guise.

111 and 111s both have 160BHP (S has carpets and other luxury’s as standard)

Sport 190 is a track only car with 190BHP. Extras include roll cage and other necessary track day extras.

Road going Elise with 190BHP is due this spring.

6. Re: This car suck on hell's grave!!!!!!!

I'm not saying anything bad about this car...I absolutely love it,
    but why can my stock '91 mx-5 with a 116hp 1.6L i-4 reach 126mph with more weight and less power and less torque
    ...just curious

7. Re: 0-60 is OKAY but? 120 hp and 125 mph OMFG

HAHA. I second that.

8. this car wasn't meant by no means to be a muscle car, but it probably handles like a go-cart and is fun as hell to drive. not to mention it has some killer looks.