0-60 mph in 3.5 Secs!!

Discussion in '2005 Ferrari F430' started by udip21, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Where the hell did you get that number?

2. actually 3.9 nice try though

3. #4 500from505, Dec 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. If the 430 could hit 60 in 3.5, there wouldn't be much reason to spend the extra $500,000 on an Enzo.

5. catch them, they've flown past ages ago

6. maybe but the Ferrari will need huge supercharger to get the same torque
    of the GT

7. Well, these are the one on one tests. The Motor Trend test used the same car as Quattroruote, with launch control figures in ().

Also, from December '05 issue of Sport Auto:
    F430 / FGT
    0-100: 4.0 / 3.9
    0-200: 12.6 / 11.9

8. what was the verdict then?

9. Well, i doubt the Ford GT doing 3,3s to 60.

and that 1/4mile time seems very optimistic too.

Actually Ferrari kicks Ford's ass, compare the F430 to the GT.

483hp vs 550hp, take Ford's fastest (GT), vs Ferraris fastest (Enzo).

And wich one is the fastest ?.

The Murcielago is faster than the Ford GT, and the Enzo is faster the the Mucielago, so what is your conclusion ?.

10. Too much emphasis on the 0-60. Fractions of a second on a straight away say little to me. It's a car's performance on a track that counts most. Bottom line in the latest R&T this care was pitted against the Gallardo, SRT/10, Ford GT, Z06, and 911 Turbo and won a number of individual tests but most of all came in 1st in lap times. It is the better car overall. And yes it does 0-60 in 3.5.

11. The F430 did indeed pull 0-60 in 3.5, I read it in Car and Driver. It was in there last 10 Best issue I think. It said it at the top, Ferrari F430 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I still have that magazine. Aaron Robinson did the testing, and it was confirmed after he did it. The model they tested with did have LC, but it was the fastest time an F430 has come up with, all the slower times were either without LC or with incompetent drivers, or natural conditions like weather or elevation.

12. the pagani zonda f will kill this car still

13. O RLY?

14. O RLY?

15. the pagani zonda has nothing to do with this and is a unfair comparison, but good job for knowing atleast something

16. even roadandtrack got 3.5 secs..
    i guess some people just dont know how to get the best off the line..

17. man shut the #$%# up u pussy ass biatch

18. The F430s in Euroupe have the Launch Control option, those ones can do 0-60 in 3.5 secs. The ones in North America don't have Launch Control, those ones do 0-60 in 3.9 secs. The one Car and Driver tested must have been the Euroupean version.

19. im way more into American cars(because theyre better) but theres one of these and a 360 modena spider in the window of the porsche dealership by my house and theyre both sexy as hell