02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by LifeInTheFastLane, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

I have no idea, all I know is that it was running pump gas, it was street legal, and it ran a 5.555.

2. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

wow that is #$%#in insane and awesome

3. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

all you guys know that the PORSCHE is the greatest and fastest car ever built in this life time ill like to see that linginfiter whatever its called vs. a Porsche Ruf 911 R-Turbo now that thing is fast and better in handling and everything.

4. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

where ha ve ya read that? if ya have no proofs so don't say crap!

5. Re:

Also you guys did not mention was the use of slicks on the LPE 650.

1.9 0-60 time is too fast for street tires, think of a McLaren F1 on slicks? Or the Porsche 911 RUF R on slicks, next time add valuble info, OK...

6. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

since when have lingenfelters been production cars? and another thing the vette dont even do a sub 9 sec so y worry about finding a sub 8 second car to beat it

7. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

it won't be a jap crap that would beat it!

8. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

u know there r street supras and skylines that canbeat a 9 sec quarter so if that jap is crap whas is the standard of these us cars

9. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

well even u know that there are supras and skylines that are street legal and produce quarters in the low 9 and 8 with a sequential gearbox

10. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

where are your proofs, i want to see 'em.

11. #36 Scooby and TVR man, Sep 30, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. #37 426 Hemistage 8, Oct 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

not bad but the lingenfelter can do better if its engine is tuned up to 900 hp.personal taste of course. otherwise go and have a look at www.lingenfelter.com

13. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

Jap tuners Top Secret have a Supra That has 750bhp is completly street legal and on street tyres pulled 0-200mph in 11 seconds! by bye lingenfelter. They also have a 1300bhp street legal supra and a 1200bhp street legal skyline.

14. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

Can the Mclaren do 0-60 in 1.9 sec no not at all so next time you post you should know what you are talking about!

15. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

YES I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE SOMKIN' FERRARIS AND LAMBORGHINIS WITH AMERICAN POWER YEAH!!!!!!!

16. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

SWEET SITE!

17. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

The 6 cylinder would GET SMOKED BAD!!!!!!!!!

18. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

I really dont care about your 1000HP+ cars because thats absolute overkill!!!

19. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

so u dont care about cars that are better? y not

20. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

this thread becomes to be boring, i am bored of that.

21. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

as soon as you put slicks on a 427TT it is no longer street-legal

end of argument

22. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

nicely said

23. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

take the 1000 hp version and we will see who win.

24. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

the 427TT on lingenfelters OWN website has 650lbft, the one in Motor Trend had 866lbft, Motor Trend said that the turbo ran at 14psi, but could go as high as 20psi

u can not get a 33% increase in torque from a 21% increase in boost - not possible (use absolute pressures in calculations)

u also can not get a 33% increase in torque with only a 10% increase in power unless u have a very in-efficient engine

so, in conclusion, the motor trend 427TT could not have had a stock set of turbochargers, nor could it have had 'only' 802hp, especially not at the quoted 4600rpm, it most likely had something like 930hp @ 6000rpm

this post is based purely on physics and not at all on car knowledge (which i also have), but all this means that the 0-60 in 1.97 figure is 100% irrelevant...nice car though

25. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

thank you , well done for thinkig that. and for spendin the time working it out
    howd u do it