10 policies you would make if you were the president

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SuperSonic, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Israeli soldiers barely get paid. It's more of an allowance and most of them rely on their parents during those 3 years. Then again, they do get fed, and they get a roof over their head when needed.
    There have been a lot of talks about switching to a professional army. Not sure if that's a cheaper option, but currently there's a lot of hidden unemployment in the IDF, which often looks bad.
    But still, taking all of that into account, I think the effect on society is worth it.

2. Perhaps

3. Theirs are mostly muscle. Yours are all blubber and fat.

4. #55 F50Fanatic, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Where are we going to get money to survive when we are not working?

Yes, I'm sure the benevolent governments and benevolent corporations will gives us a few pennies every month as "universal basic income", or have the mercy and compassion to spare us a few crumbs of bread when we have no money to buy food.

Have fun making a few dimes when over 90% of people are doing the same thing as you: selling video games or drugs. People without jobs are not going to buy your video games because they don't have money.

Or maybe you are born in a wealthy family, your parents own a large corporation where all of their employees are robots. Everyday you take a drive in your fancy 300mph hypercar, you gloat and laugh at the starving people without salary because there are no more jobs for humans.

Or maybe you are a software engineer working on one of a few IT jobs still available to humans, but you need to work 21 hours a day, because if you couldn't handle the stress, there are at least 1 million applicants who are ready to take over your job once you collapse mentally and physically.

5. Have a Hunger Games tournament, of course.

6. why wouldnt we have work
    the robots will need us to serve them in their restaurants, massage them, lube their joints, service their ports
    and we will be well compensated by our new overlords, I can assure you!
    I will try to be born to a welathy family, if not robot servicer is a fine profession

ETB4U likes this.
  7. The first decree is to legalize marijuana.
    The tyranny and the bullshit's gone on too long.
    You old fuckin' shrivs who blocked it's legalization,
    you're banished from the land!

The second decree: no more pollution, no more car exhaust,
    or ocean dumpage. From now on, we will travel in tubes!

Third decree: no more... rich people: and poor people.
    From now on, we will all be the same... ummm, I dunno,
    I gotta think about that...