110K for a GT500

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by MR2T, Aug 30, 2006.

1. stop it you're making me lol too much

2. #27 disord3r, Sep 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. No shit. I know there are two different types og GT's. If you lookat the tag it says Shelby GT.

4. No shit. I know there are two different types of GT's. If you lookat the tag it says Shelby GT.

5. Is THIS the one with 4 superchargers?

6. Then why did you say it was a GT500?

7. because the shelby GT500 is its name. thats the only name they give it on Ford.com

8. But see, you even said that there's two kinds of Shelby's. Like I said, there's the regular Shelby GT500 with the four superchargers and 500hp that costs about $50k. Then there's the Shelby GT with the eight superchargers and 750hp that costs about $110k. That's probably the one you were thinking about when you said it cost over $100k.

9. ive never heard about this eight supercharged 750 hp shelby and that still doesnt explain why its srp is 42k. it says on the sticker. it doesnt say 110k.

10. I don't know how many more superchargers I can take.

11. Have you ever been right about anything?

12. No. Shelby GT500 is not the name of the Shelby GT. Shelby GT500 is the name of the Shelby GT500. Shelby GT is the name of the Shelby GT. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

13. then look on ford.com. all it shows is the GT500 so if they have a shelby GT then I do not see it on there site.

14. Whoopty shit?

15. #40 disord3r, Sep 1, 2006
    Currect. They have a Shelby GT, and they don't have it on their site. The GT500 is made by the Special Vehicles Team. The Shelby GT, however, is made by Shelby Automobiles.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/

16. Thank you!!! Thats what I wanted to see. As long as i canb see something talking about the shelby GT I can see what you are talking about. So now my question is if there are 2 kinds of Shelby's then why are they trying to sell the Shelby GT one for a lot more money then the GT500?

17. I've already mentioned, maybe it's the first one off the line.

18. I dont think so because the dealership by my house was trying to sell it for even more than The one that is on here.

19. #44 bucknutz, Sep 1, 2006
    You douchebag. Couldn't you tell that I was #$%#ing with him? Play along next time.

20. LOL @ this thread

21. I did, but I couldn't take it anymore!!!

22. Dude, I told him that the thing had EIGHT superchargers and he didn't even question it! He's my favorite member.

23. Because he doesn't know how to read.

24. LOFL

Dealer Markup: 65,130
    Destination Charge: Included

For f()ck sake....if you were going to charge me that much over retail, why bother "including" the destination charge? lol