Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Bonneville G/XP' started by viscuscogo, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Cast iron engine? why?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: ....

It's a lot stronger than aluminum. These engines can handle around 425hp...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: ....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rixochet</i>
    <b>It's a lot stronger than aluminum. These engines can handle around 425hp...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Hmmm thats interesting. 425hp naturally asperated?

What do you think of GMs new 4.2 lite inline 6ix?! 273HP naturally asperated lots of torque too!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: ....

Yes..Cast Iron is heavier..but can handle alot of stresses compared to alot of the modern aluminums. The only other engines that can handle the stresses are composite material alloy engines which will add bout 5K to 10K to the car price..not joking =P
    Those are like racing engines.

The reason why all the other cars use Aluminums is because they have less tortional forces acting on them and they are smaller in general. Jap cars just rev high..but das it.

The 3.8L can easily get atleast 325HP with all power restrictors off...and will probably still be emissions legal =) I know a friend who did that to his 3800 Series II engine.

As for the I6...Sweet =) I love it =)
    So quiet and smoothe it's not funny =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->