1888KG

Discussion in '2006 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron' started by ging, Jan 7, 2006.

1. ok, whatever you say.

im actually a biologist, not a physicist (?) so yeah i probably am wrong

but-- surely a lighter car with a higher surface area to mass ratio will have more surface area for drag to act upon with respect to its weight - thus decreasing top speed?

2. ok... but a lighter car is still faster... using ur theory... u throw a sponge brick... wont go dat far... a real brick will go furthur (its heavy) but if u threw a brick made of solid steel... i dont think its gonna go further than da regular brick

3. yea stick to biology, weight does not increase top speed, if anything it hinders it but not significantly.

your example only applies if we were to turn the engine off at 250 mph and see which would coast to a stop faster, what you forget is that the most important formula is F=MA [force=Mass x acceleration] and at top speed, Fwind=Fengine, Fwind being negative and Fengine positive

so formula is as follows, Fengine-Fwind=MA, but the Fengine=Fwind so Fengine-Fwind=0 so MA=0, so no matter what the mass is, at top speed it makes no difference.

^from what i said above, you find the speed because Fwind is dependent of the cd and speed.

4. Its heavy so that it doesnt get airborn at 250mph

5. it is heavy because its a luxury car and msybe it has a 1000 hp and 4wd because it also an amazing supercar

6. Yeh...look at the power aswell....oh and the reveiws

7. LOL, noob!

8. this thing is heavy.