2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by BigJoeT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Except people with money still buy it. It has a history that not many cars can say they have. It might be a cheap car to buy, but it's not a car for poor people like you and Logical were trying to make it out to be. People in trailers too people in mansions buy them, it's that simple.

2. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Steel workers aren`t poor.

Correct me if I`m wrong, but the Mustang currently leases for 150 bucks a month....minimum wage is currently about 800 bucks a month.
    Haven`t seen too many Mustangs parked out in front of the 17-mile drive...sorry...or any of the other afluent neighborhoods around here.

Old mustangs are a tad bit different....as are the old Shelby models. But that falls under the catagory of practicality....and old Mustang in excellent condition is just not practical to drive every day.

3. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

I don't know about the lease prices...I hate even the thought of leasing. That sounds like the lease price though for a v-6 stang.

4. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

How many 03 Cobras were produced?

Oh and what makes the Cobra hand made? it looks exactly like the V-6 stang exept for the hood. They just took a mass produced Mustang GT, put a supercharger on it and slapped on a Cobra SVT symbol.

5. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

I think the cobra is awesome. It has great parts and great power. My theory is that ford sells the cobra at cost. So that it can drive up the perception of awesomness of the lesser caliber mustangs. It can then make a killing on the gts and standard output models.

I was into card collecting a few years ago. The company would come out with a limited print. Then it would make a mass print. The limited prints were worth major money and the masses squat. But the kids bought it like crack(the mass prints). Its all about consumer perception. They percieved that the mass prints would be of some value when in fact they were almost worthless. once the market settled down.

I didnt read all the posts but comparing a mustang to a corvette is like comparing a chevette to a ferrari. They are not of the same caliber. You get what you pay for.

6. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

The engine is hand built, not the entire car.
    Here are the diferences between a GT and Cobra:
    Hood
    Front bumper
    Rear bumper
    Wing
    Wheels

Those are just the exterior cosmetic differences. There are many many more through out the cobra.

7. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

how many cobras are produced each year? what i really want to know is how many for 2003.

8. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

I think (and this could be off by a little) 6000, give or take a few hundred.

9. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

I don't know if this has been posted or not already, but the latest motortrend compares the regular C5 convertible to the 03 SVT Cobra Convertible, and the SVT loses to that, the z06 is much faster than the regular C5. I like the cobra though, nice ride for the $.

10. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

when are the new model mustangs coming out???

11. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

ford's estamate is about 2k more than svt's at 10,000 models
    and, to Logical Heretic u can see many differances between the GT and SVT. for one the GT is SOHC, aluminum block but, SVT is DOHC cast iron block there are afew harder to see differances in the engine alown. The chassy, interior, suspention, as well as a few asthetic changes have been made.

12. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

"the GT is SOHC, aluminum block but, SVT is DOHC cast iron block"

Are you sure you don't have that backwords... I was under the impression that aluminum blocks are always more expensive and high-tech than cast irons. For example... Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Lotus's etc. have aluminum blocks.

13. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

The newer cobra with the blower uses a cast iron block because it's stronger and can withstand more hp. There are cobras out there right now with over 700hp with the stock block, that wouldn't be the case if the block was aluminum.

14. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

aluminum is used in Ferraris, Lamborghinis and, Lotus's because its lighter and can be strong enough to withstand the same as cast iron but not for the same price.
    cobra: $35,000
    Ferraris, Lamborghinis and, Lotus's: a little bit more

15. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

new info on how many 03 cobras sold [official info]
    Total: 13,476

Breakdown:
    Coupes: 8394
    Convertibles: 5082

16. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

It's not the power production that's the problem....it's the heat.

17. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Bingo.

18. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Total breakdowns requiring tow truck: 13,476

Watching the guy in the Toyota Prius you passed an hour ago, drive by: Priceless

19. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

those are pretty big numbers right there

20. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Can anyone tell me what a Toyota Prius? Oh yeah, I use them everytime I got to the Grocery store, it called a shopping cart!

Look dude, why are you here, why don't you go to the Toyota Prius forum and see what people say about your car, oh yeah, there isn't a Prius forum...

Wonder why?

21. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

The 03 Cobra is a nice car, I don't care what anybody says. I have enjoyed mine since day 1. Ford has come along way since previous models (Thank God) and will continue to do better with future models.

The 03 Cobra and any Z06 isn't a logical comparison...

Cobra is a base model and should go against other base model vehicles, like the C5. It isn't Ford's fault that there base model Cobra will run with (I didn't say beat it) the Z06... If you want to compare upgraded Vette (Z06) with something, then you should compare it with what it was designed to be compared with... The upgraded Cobra... The Cobra R!

Since everyone is so thrilled about numbers, then you can go to the Motor Trend issue called Detroit Muscle (forgive me I don't know the #) but they test the Cobra R with the Z06 and the Viper...

Well, you know the rest...

All were similiar but when it came down to the track times then who came out on top and by a few seconds too...

Cobra R...

Now that's a logical comparison
    Cobra R against Z06

upgrade against upgrade

22. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

It was a joke, I thought it was pretty funny. Relax.

And yes, the Toyota Prius IS a little pussy ass hybrid, but it can sure go a long way on one tank of gas, and you could probably suck on the tailpipe all day and get fewer pollutants than you would from smoking 2 packs.

I'm here because I enjoy discussing the Mustang, I think it's overrated, but it's still pretty cool.

And neither the Prius, Insight, nor Civic Hybrid are here because they're no longer cutting edge technology (and yet still NO American manufacturer has an IMA powered car), it's Fuel Cell's that should be here for their innovative design.

23. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

I know it was a joke, I was just having some fun with him...

24. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

Alright then, I thought you were P.O.ed

BTW - it was me that said it.

25. Re: 2002 ZO6 2003 SVT Cobra (a logical comparisson)

LOL, amen brother...