2004 mustang!!!!!pictures and

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by zap2000, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

The Cobra R was made for the slalom, meaning it slightly edged the z06 on the track. The reason why the z06 is faster 0-60 is because the cobra's huge wing and front splitter. Those pieces are added to the car for downforce during high speeds and for handling, meaning they rob the car of more speed. Just as an example, the McLaren road car is faster than the race car becuase the race car has a wing for downforce, for handling.

2. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

The new Cobras have a governed top speed of 155 mph. Sorry.

3. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

You think slalom is the only measure of handling? Weight also has an effect, and the Cobra is simply too heavy.

Sorry, but the spoiler and front splitter have absolutely no effect on 0-60, other than they add a little bit of weight. The cobra has less hp and more weight, those are the REAL reasons it has slower acceleration.

Trust me, the Z06 doesn't have enough problems with downforce that it would lose to the Cobra around any track. Both cars have been known for good handling, but the Cobra just can't shake its extra weight (almost 500lbs extra).

4. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

First off, the differance between SOHC and DOHC is that SOHC only has one camshaft for both the intake and exhaust valves while DOHC has separate camshafts for each type of valve.

Second, Jaguars suck. The X-type and S-type are pretty much fancy fords. The X-Type is basically an upscale Ford Mondeo w/AWD (although the mondeo platform is superb, I would not pay $40K for this shit). The S-type is basically a fancy Lincoln LS (heavy as hell and platform is also shared with the meandering thunderbird). If the ole chaps at the country club heard you paid $40K for a Mondeo and $50-$60K for a Lincoln LS, they will laugh their asses(with sticks still inserted) off.

Third, the current mustang's chassis is in no way on par with the C5 corvette chassis. If I recall correctly, the Cobra R ran in the mid to upper $50's whereas the Z06 is about $50 K. And true, it does have more power with much less weight. I would, howeveer, like to see some track test comparisons between the two because we all know that although power and weight are important, so is handling and chassis dynamics.

5. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

thare have already been tests with 2001 zo6(385 hp)vs viper acr (460 hp) vs cobra r (385 hp) by automobile and car and driver or motor trend (can't remember) any ways in both tests the cobra r lost on the track. in fact the cobra r only won in one category lateral g force. and that is because of the tires bfgoodrich g-force which when installed on a regular c5 vette bring lateral gs up to 1.06.compare that to the cobras 1.0

6. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

we all should just get together and kick the ass off each other

7. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

heres a pic of the 2005 mustang.

8. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

As much as I hate the Dew Mustang, the new one looks like it will be pretty sweet. I like the retro styling alluding back to the 60's.

9. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

when did this come into effect?

10. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

? Why are people comparing a Mustang to a Corvette? That's not an equal competition. Even though I am a ford guy, I can honestly say that if Average Joe pulled up to a stoplight in a Corvette while I am in my Mustang, I wouldn't race him because I know I would lose. My impression was that the Mustang was geared toward being a competetor for the Camaro, not the bloody Corvette. Of course, it might shut up the Corvette lovers if Average Joe pulled up in his Corvette while I was in my Ford GT(40).

11. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Don't you think the Eaton Supercharger and 16 more valves evens the score a just a bit?

Sure the jag would cream an SS but look at the price difference...why not compare the Jag to a Viper?

12. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Thats the thing is that they cant. Chevy makes a big engine that cranks out big numbers but still doesnt perform as well as Ford's.

13. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Yeah i've seen that pic before and i've also seen another one that kind of looks like an ugly civic, I'd show you but I didn't save the pic cause it was to ugly. I doubt that the 05 would look like either of those, cause i think it's just a bunch of rumor made up pics, but if it looks like the one that you posted more power to the mustang, if it looks like the civic I'm selling my stang, and pretend i never owened one, if it looks the same I won't mind them i like the way the 99-03 stang look.

14. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

The Cobra is much more comparable in terms of price to a Vette than an F-Body.

15. Re: 2005 mustang pictures

heres a update on pictures.

16. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Ford has NEVER produced a mass produced car that was able to beat the vette, and guess what, it still can't. The Corvette ZO6 has 405 hp, naturally aspirated mind you, and the Mustang SVT Cobra has 390 hp, with a supercharger. sure thats only 15 horse you would say, but what about the handling? Vette is better. What about build quality? Vette is better. What about performance? the Vette is still better. Never in ford's history or future, will they ever have a car in the same category as the corvette, that can beat it, and really don't bring up that the GT40 will be able to, thats in a different class and you could buy 2 ZO6's for the price of 1 GT40. lets face it, GM is the biggest company in the world, and that is only because they make quality products.

17. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

you cant predict the future, so start worrying,another thing watch out for the new shelby cobra.

18. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

The Series 1? Yeah, that should cream the Vette, but look at the price.

19. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Canada isnt cold, its mid january rite now and i just went for a walk in a T-Shirt, seriously

20. Re: 2005 mustang pictures

noone makes those cars their fantasy cars. for your sig.

21. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Go read your history dumb ass. In the mid 50's when the Corvette was first released Ford had to make a car to compete with it. That car was the Thunderbird. It was around the same price but the Vette had a V6 and the T-bird had V8 which is why the T-bird greatly outperformed it. That and it's styling is also why the T-bird greatly outsold the first Vette's. I suggest you resaerch before posting next time.

22. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

NO there supposed to come out with a 500hp svt or shelby cobra. mabye both svt and shelby will team up.

23. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

Where do you live?! They're calling for -36 next week here in Winnipeg. Not exactly t-shirt weather. It's more Frost bite withing a minute weather

24. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

news is now that the GT will have 300+hp and the Cobra at 400+hp

25. Re: 2004 mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pictures

-36??? wow, we're not even expecting it to drop below 0*C here in the mountains of BC any more this "winter", you lucky bonuvasitch, I want more snow....