2007 Mustang Cobra Vs. 2006-2007 Corvette C6

Discussion in '2005 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500' started by McLarenLS, Jun 7, 2006.

1. well the gt 500 has almost 500 horse power i work at the saleen engine plant in troy michigan and that we dynoed a gt500 and it had 498 horsepower 450 is just the one they needed to pass emmissions the gt500 with out blower is a 413 horse power car that would destroy the c6 corvette put the new saleen twinscrew port and polish blower on it and your lookin at 575 hp with software

2. well the gt 500 has almost 500 horse power i work at the saleen engine plant in troy michigan and that we dynoed a gt500 and it had 498 horsepower 450 is just the one they needed to pass emmissions the gt500 with out blower is a 413 horse power car that would destroy the c6 corvette put the new saleen twinscrew port and polish blower on it and your lookin at 575 hp with software

3. Well, Car and Driver made a comparision test between the 2 cars,the cobra had more hp, however the corvette c6 won in qurter mile, acceleration and track times. They said that it might be because of the Corvette's improved suspendion (Ford has a Pahard solid axle), the Cobra also weighted more or les 3800 lbs, which made it way slower than the vette. They also said that the GT500 had the same performance figures (accel,1/4 mile) that the 2004 SVT Cobra had because of it's weight. Th GT500 colud have way more power but it is so heavy, intead the vette is more aerodinamical, very light and handles better.Period.

4. Stock for stock, I'll take the Vette.

The GT500 is a dedicated blower engine. Yes it "only" makes 500 HP with a Supercharger. The supercharger is also a very inefficient one at that. I think Ford went to the bargain basement for that piece. Just wait until Kenne Bell makes a twin screw upgrade for it. It will make 550+ hp without even increasing the boost. That engine is also bullit proof. Four bolt mains, forged rods and pistons, cast iron block. The LS2 is aluminum, which is lighter, but much weaker than iron, and two bolt mains without the forged pistons and rods. I think it might handle some boost, but the Ford will take 15+ lbs without even flinching. Put a more efficient supercharger and crank up the boost and the GT00 will be over 700 HP no problem. it will take BIG money to get a Vette to hold up at 700HP. BTW, a Vette can be had for $48,000 and the GT500's will go for $42,000 before the crazy dealer mark-ups that I expect. So price isn't really an issue here.

5. Cobra man wat else

6. Uh what? The LS2 is a 6 bolt main. And the aluminum is built strong enough. Just because 1 is iron and 1 is alumnum doesnt mean anything.

7. 6 bolt mains?! bullshit. Ford's new race-purpose Boss crate motors have 4 bolt mains. i greatly doubt that Chevy spent the extra money and somehow gave its LS2 6 bolt mains. that just sounds ridiculous.