2014 Chevrolet Corvette News and Info.

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

most important featu ™

2. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

The rear is meh.

3. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

it looks like a video game

4. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

I like it. The exhaust looks normal there too. Keep in mind this is just the base Vette.

5. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

i like it, apart from the huge black parts and the exhausts

6. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

It looks like a Hotwheels toy to me...

7. #182 V8stangman, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Is this the new C7 Corvette?

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Round Rear Light Kit Coming?

Some were awe-struck and others aghast when Chevrolet unveiled the newest Corvette earlier this month because, among other things, it dropped the signature round rear lights.

You’d be one sly fox to get anyone at Chevy to admit that the rear end isn’t the bee’s knees, but it looks like there are enough outsiders with differing opinions to stage a coup. That overthrow is coming in the form of a revised aftermarket rear end that looks more like Corvette bums from generations past.

As you can see from the photo above, you’ll keep the car’s weapon-looking rear exhaust, but the fighter jet-style angular rear lights are swapped with traditional units.

The rendering might not be real, but if it is, the poster suggests the kit only costs $2,800 and gets free shipping. It’s said to contain a fiberglass rear end, tail lights, wiring, bulbs tools — essentially the whole shebang.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/01/2014-chevrolet-corvette-round-rear-light-kit-coming.html

8. #183 V8stangman, Jan 31, 2013

2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible Geneva Debut Confirmed [2013 Geneva Auto Show]

Hot on the heels of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe’s show-stealing debut in Detroit, Chevrolet has confirmed to Car and Driver that the Stingray convertible will make its first appearance at the 2013 Geneva auto show. Rumors of the droptop C7 have been swirling ever since Autoweek first reported the Vette convertible’s Swiss reveal, and although not unexpected, many figured Chevy would give the fixed-roof Stingray a little more time under the spotlight before being asked to share.

The Stingray convertible—which Chevrolet claims is not represented by these renderings that surfaced on the web, despite our thinking otherwise—is set to go on sale as a 2014 model, with production beginning as early as November and cars arriving in showrooms before the end of the year. As Chevrolet works to increase its global recognition, it makes sense that it would choose to reveal the softtop variant of its most-recognizable nameplate in front of an international audience. It’ll be interesting to see how the all-American Corvette convertible holds it own in the presence of all that European hardware.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2014-corvette-stingray-convertible-geneva-debut-confirmed-2013-geneva-auto-show/

9. #184 Amazing Asian, Jan 31, 2013

damn that looks way better

10. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Disagree. I think the new version is good because it's just that, new. Besides, assuming the vents built into the rear lights are functional, this wouldn't work anyway.

11. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

i don't like different just for the sake of being different though.

there's certain things that are timeless and like, essential in identity.

the 911s oval headlights are one of these things. and I own a 996...

12. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

The more I think about it, round taillights makes modern Corvettes look boring.

13. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Whatever the look, the exhaust just needs to match the taillights and then most people would probably go for it either way.

14. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Agree, I was sick of the two ovals and think it made the car look older than it was.

15. #190 dahldrin, Feb 3, 2013

Come on, try to tell me this isn't badass.

16. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

The advert is kind of GT5ish, sound good though.

17. #192 DownwardSpiral, Feb 4, 2013

Looks dated... I prefer the factory four lamp setup.

18. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Clasical Corvette lines

19. #194 V8stangman, Feb 19, 2013

We Hear: Next-Gen Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Could Crack 700 HP

The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is finally here and it’s a significant update, but it’s just the first step. We’re already hearing whispers from the Warren plan about the next Z06 and ZR1.

Word is, the next Z06 will keep its monster naturally aspirated 7.0-liter engine, but with even more power. In fact, we hear it could jump from today’s 505 hp to as high as 600. The decision won’t be made, though, until they get the final number for the next ZR1’s supercharged V-8. That engine, we’re told, will be an evolution of the new LT1 V-8 in the base C7. We can only hope it will revive the LT5 moniker of the original ZR-1’s engine. The 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is shown at right.

The Z06/ZR1 output logic basically works like this: If the ZR1 makes 675 hp or so, the Z06 will get 550. If the ZR1 cracks 700 hp, the Z06 will crack 600. Anyone who knows GM knows how this works: The top-dog Corvette will always be protected, even from its own variants.
    The Corvette team has so far refused to comment on the next Z06 and ZR1, but we’re told the first variant, likely the Z06, is at least a year out so as not to trample on the base car.

http://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-next-gen-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-could-crack-700-hp-328841.html#axzz2LHmkbx2V

20. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Can someone tell me what kind of roofs are available? Convertible, t-top?

21. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

convertible and targa for the normal corvette. the roof section is removeable though most people just leave it on.

22. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

removable on the coupe ? or you mean on the targa?

23. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

removable on the coupe. technically its a targa

24. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Ok thanks

25. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Need more pics and vids of sweet burnouts