2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, May 20, 2014.

1. i can puncture your drum

2. Entirely new.

3. Frightening. I want one.

4. More HP, better direction, better differential, better suspension, great noise and 6 speed manual transmission...Excellent supercar.

5. Love editing them spammers.

6. Saw today that this thing will be rated at 707hp... Holy shit.

7. I wanna do a burnout half a mile long.

8. #34 V8stangman, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Dodge’s upcoming monster of a muscle car will be more powerful than some of the most exclusive supercars in the world.

Official ratings for the SRT Challenger and Charger put the car at 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque, making it considerably more powerful than its exotic sibling: the SRT Viper. The SRT halo car makes 640 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque with a massive 8.4-liter V10, but it’s hard to care now that Chrysler will sell you a blown V8 that makes it look downright wimpy.

In fact, the SAE ratings mean that the steroidal challenger is not only more powerful than the Shelby GT500, but also the ultra-exclusive Lamborghini Aventador along with a long list of other high-priced exotics.

Dealers will begin taking delivery of the new Challenger later this year with two key fobs: a black version that “limits” output to 500 hp and a red version that unleashes the car’s full power.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/07/supercharged-dodge-challenger-srt-makes-707-hp.html

9. Is it getting another 1,000 lbs too?

10. #36 V8stangman, Jul 11, 2014
    2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Runs 10.8-Second 1/4 Mile

The most powerful Dodge ever built, the 707-hp Challenger SRT Hellcat, will run a quarter mile on the drag strip in 10.8 seconds when equipped with a set of street legal drag radial tires.

Running on the stock Pirelli P Zero tires the time climbs to a still impressive 11.2 seconds. Both times have been certified by the NHRA. Trap speed for the production tires sits at 125 mph, while the drag radials increase the trap speed to 126 mph.

With that 10.8-second quarter mile, the Challenger SRT Hellcat will beat a 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia, a McLaren MP4-12C and match the 2013 Nissan GT-R out there on the drag strip.

Power for this car comes from a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that makes 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque, sent to the real wheels through an eight-speed automatic.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/07/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-runs-11-2-second-14-mile.html

11. #37 burner, Jul 12, 2014
    Considering the power that this has on tap, that is not actually that fast. I was thinking it should run in the 10's on street tires.

12. It's still a piggy.

13. #39 V8stangman, Jul 14, 2014
    Ralph Gilles Does Ridiculous Burnout in Hellcat Challenger

Last week at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, Chrysler Motorsports CEO Ralph Gilles let his childish side show in front of a big crowd.

During a presentation there, the executive lit up a pair of rear tires to demonstrate something you probably already know: the newest Challenger is great for making smoke clouds. Last week, the company also suggested the car is capable of running the quarter-mile in under 11 seconds when it released a video of the guys from Gas Monkey Garage driving it down a drag strip and supposedly achieving that time.

14. someone doing a burnout in a car with over 700hp is somehow news?

15. There ain't a whole hell of a lot else going on this time of the year.

Plus, when was the last time you saw whoever the hell heads AMG or M division doing anything remotely anti-social in a car?

16. Stop being miserable. This car is awesome, even the interior is great, which is unusual for an American car. Doing donuts at will is fantastic. I want this car. Bad.

17. I guess the germans let the cars speak for themselves...

18. That's exactly what this car is doing. It's not meant to be an M3 fighter. It's a big comfy boat with a shit ton of HP.

20. whoa a burnout

21. #47 V8stangman, Sep 17, 2014
    Dodge Challenger Hellcat gets 22 MPG Highway Rating

Official fuel economy ratings have been doled out for new 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, pegging the car at 22 mpg on the highway.

To gain that 22 mpg rating, the car must be fit with the eight-speed automatic transmission. Paired with six-speed manual, the Challenger Hellcat is good for 21 mpg on the highway.

Fuel economy ratings for city driving have not yet been released by the company. We have reached out directly to the EPA to get them but did not receive confirmation by publication time.

Power in this car comes from a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 that makes 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/09/dodge-challenger-hellcat-earns-22-mpg-highway-ratings.html

22. they still being mum on the price...? i can see this will not be good news..

23. Starts at $60k

24. ¢60k for 707bhp.

Not even fair.