2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, May 20, 2014.

1. Apparently the engine is detuned, its good for like 830hp according to Chrysler. i wonder if you can get it and the transmission in a crate. Because I want that.

2. #52 V8stangman, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    First Dodge Challenger Hellcat Sells for $825K at Barrett-Jackson

Forget the future, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is one hell of a collector’s item right now!

The very first production version of Dodge’s insane new supercharged V8 Challenger just sold for an astonishing $825,000 at the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas auction.

Sound like a lot of money? Well, it’s a lot of car. Making 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque its more powerful than a Lamborghini Aventador. In fact, only a handful of ultra-exotic cars make more power than this Dodge.

All of the proceeds from the sale on VIN0001 will go to benefit Opportunity Village, a not-for-proffit organization in Vegas that has been helping adults with disabilities since 1954.

Anyone looking to purchase VIN0002 will be able to save quite a chunk of change, with the factory suggested retail price a more reasonable $59,995.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/09/first-dodge-challenger-hellcat-sells-825k-barrett-jackson.html

3. Sorry about all those posts. SC. net is acting wierd again, or like usual.

4. When is this going on sale in the US officially?

5. now, I think

6. Yesterday after tomorrow.

7. Orders taking place now but still no cars on the lots. Apparently, Dodge is serious about dealers who mark up the price.

"
    "If you want to market-adjust the car, that's your right. But if your days-on-lot goes above what the other guys that are selling them at MSRP is, they will end up earning the allocation because their days-on-lot will be lower. They're turning the inventory," Kuniskis said. "Some dealers are going to have heartburn with that."

The longer a Hellcat sits without being sold — as it might if it were to have a $10,000 or $20,000 market adjustment on it — relative to those on other dealer lots, the fewer future Hellcat vehicles a dealer will receive, the Dodge brand boss explained".

"I want this car out in the marketplace so that somebody is sharing it with 50 of their friends and elevating the brand. That's what I want; not sitting in your showroom with a rope around it. I want people driving these cars, talking about them, revving the engine and having everybody go 'I want one of those.'

Kuniskis said Dodge "worked hard" to price the Challenger SRT Hellcat at what he called an attainable $60,990, including shipping, "but that all goes out the window if this car ends up with $20,000 market adjustments on it."

Well done Dodge!! But I doubt this would be the case as dealers will sell to third party sellers and get their cut under the table. Can't find any cars on sale on ebay and when I configure a car from their site, it shows as 0 availability. Either they are sold out or they still haven't arrived in dealerships. One thing I do know is my local dealership will charge $84k for it so F that. It will be interesting to see if any will sell at msrp as promised.

8. It is already a collectible as are older 440-6 or hemi powered challenger r/t from 1970-1971 for those in the know

9. i want one, general lee style