2015 Panoz Esperante Spyder Revealed

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, Sep 4, 2014.

1. #1 V8stangman, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    2015 Panoz Esperante Spyder Revealed for 25th Anniversary

America’s most exclusive sports car just dialed things up a notch or five.

The 2015 Panoz Esperante Spyder has made its debut as the 25th Anniversary Edition model, marking a new chapter in the company’s history with all-new performance features and luxury amenities. In developing the 2015 Panoz Esperante Spyder, the team retained important and proven lightweight measures including the use of Superplastic Forming (SPF) aluminum body panels and the company’s patented modular extruded aluminum chassis with a light-but-strong carbon fiber superstructure. Nearly everything else including the engine and transmission packages to the suspension and brake systems are all new or significantly upgraded.

Panoz expects to produce about 25 examples of the 25th Anniversary Edition Esperante Spyder and Spyder GT to commemorate the anniversary milestone and production will intentionally be limited to a handful of custom builds for select customers. Accelerating to 60 MPH from a standstill in 3.7 seconds, the Esperante Spyder will have a top speed of 172 mph. Powertrain packages range from a naturally-aspirated setup with 430 hp to a supercharged powertrain with 560 hp.

The 25th Anniversary Edition Esperante Spyder will start from $179,120 including destination while the GT model will be priced at $204,750.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/09/2015-panoz-esperante-spyder-revealed-25th-anniversary.html

2. *REALLY* dated.

3. But it comes with a touchscreen!

Why would anybody buy this

4. an older one of these was for sale near me recently for 30k. couldn't think of a reason it cost that much.

5. holy #$%#ing shit hahahqahah

6. What SupraMan said

I could use those BBS wheels though.

7. The dream of the 90s is alive in Panoz.

8. Even the photography looks out of date! Not to mention a bumper that doesn't fit properly and a set of wheels that you can buy anywhere.

Strange.

9. I remember when this site was popular enough to have a panoz fanboy. And a Marcus venom fanboy.. They were the same guy, but he was a special guy...

Who was that guy?

10. The flying lizard guy (rabbit1??)

Such a nerd

11. By the way look at how crooked the exhaust is lol

12. Oh come on guys, what kind of quality were you really expecting for.... wait, this thing costs $200k?

13. anyone know where i can get e 1:18 model of this?

14. I didn't realize this company was even still around.

15. This. And, I could overlook fit and finish issues if it were a brand new car. But, it's the same car they've been making for a decade if not longer.

16. They made that Abruzzi concept car a few years back.
    Panoz is run by a really wealthy guy who is the son of a pharmaceuticals mogul who basically makes what he wants when he wants to and also runs ALMS.

17. that wasn't a concept. they sold it (tried selling it) in Europe as a replacement for the Esperante