2016 Acura NSX Finally Revealed

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by V8stangman, Jan 12, 2015.

1. They probably should have rescheduled this after the Ford GT announcement.

2. PERFECT.

I think this is the most desirable new car for me.

It's like, a more sophisticated i8 or R8.

I LOVE IT.

4. Looks pretty busy at the front but I like it overall.

5. I'm pretty sure its a whole lot less sophisticated than an i8

6. sounds similar to me. three electric motors, one petrol engine, awd, torque vectoring, the list goes on.

I guess the impression I do get is that the i8 is probably slightly more eco-oriented than this new NSX, what with the narrow tyres and super weight saving ideas but fundamentally they're pretty similar i reckon.

7. Am I the only one who thinks this just plain does not look like a really high performance car? I feel like if the side intakes were covered I'd believe that it's the new Civic Coupe. I think it's just overall too short and just too fat looking. You could say that about a lot of modern cars but this would be a really extreme example if put side by side with an original NSX.

8. I had seen the new NSX in real life, the concept version, which doesn't differ much from the production version. It looks quite impressive in real life, looking more sleek and aggressive than a lots of comparable vehicles, including Audi R8, Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA. I think its design philosophy is similar to McLaren MP4-12C, which is intended to be a fairly understated yet purposeful design. To me it is a very good looking car and a proper supercar.

9. why would they put the normal acura corporate face on it? i like it but that doesn't look like a supercar

10. it employs every terrible styling gimmick from fake brushed steel interior (really, on a #$%#ing supercar??) to overly-busy everything else

it's everything terrible with modern car design in one easy to hate package

i hope the ford gt destroys it

11. it has an ugly mazda grill with the acura corporate beak on top

the fuuuck

12. you guys probably think the Aventador looks awesome in person too.

it kinda doesn't. it's very imposing, but as one complete, coherent design, it's too much.

For something that you can look at every day and for all occasions as a daily driver, I think you're basically at the best looking, handsome car.

If you guys are comfortable driving into every situation in an Aventador or Z06 Corvette or Forgiato show car, I have a spray tan upholstery cleaner to show you.

13. this is even more incoherent than any recent lambo.

but i kinda get what you're saying

its a cluster#$%# of ugly mid-00's design elements, imho, but in a package no one is mistaking for a $200k+ car

14. in other words its terribly styled but manages to be boring

15. #17 F50Fanatic, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Most of it is true, so we won't be calling the writer of the article a hater.

The similar path happened with Lexus LFA. First concept came out in 2000, and when the final version came out in 2009, it was slower and more fat-looking than every other sportscar in its price range, and is slower than many cars costing much less.

16. Other than one of those lame gathering of Asian cars where anything American is being hated, I don't see any situation where NSX is suited for while the Corvette Z06 is not

17. Carbon fibre?

18. that falls under "super weight saving ideas"

19. Lumping the Aventador and Z06 Corvette into the same category is pretty weird to me. One is a car I might see once in a while that will turn heads. The other is a car that you might see driven by white haired men 6-7 times a day. No one is gonna give it any special attention.

This is a damn halo supercar meant to replace a car that was compared to Ferraris in the 90s. You're saying it's a good thing it could be mistaken for an average luxury coupe? In this case I agree with burner. Also, thinking this looks terrible for what it is does not preclude having good taste in cars. Why would being able to recognize that this is awful imply that someone has no taste and wants attention? Have you seen Honda/Acura drivers?

20. the Aventador and Z06 are in the same image category for me. The variation was intentional.

Like, neither are exactly beautiful cars by the classic sense. they both get their visual appeal from just being super aggressive looking. That kind of style and image projection is appealing to rappers and kids.

The Z06 isn't the car I would pick if I was some sort of professional and I was pulling up to a meeting. Sure, you're just a car enthusiast and you shouldn't have to defend your choice but the truth is, it's an impression you're making and the likelihood of you being a tasteless, dick measuring douche bag is way higher. Maybe it's an unfair stereotype but your choice of car and the acceptance of it's market demographic usually indicates that you're a twat.

I was working an an event held at the new Trump tower, hosted by Ferrari awhile ago. People came in Maseratis, Bentleys, Rolls Royce Wraiths but there was one dude, rolled up in a champagne colored Aston Vanquish. What a #$%#ing hero. He could have chosen any other car, one of multiple in his garage probably, and he chose to arrive in a champagne Aston. He wins. What a #$%#ing hero.

Although not achingly beautiful, the NSX is like that. It's surely fast and comfortable enough, the special part is that it's relatively subtle and a lot of people wont care or understand. It will never be on kids posters nor will it have Forgiatos on it.

I'm thinking Bristol Fighter lite.

21. I'd have a Fighter

22. #24 V8stangman, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    2017 Acura NSX Horsepower Finally Revealed

The 2017 Acura NSX will finally arrive next spring sporting 573 horsepower.

Ever since the Japanese automaker debuted the all-new NSX in production form, Acura has kept relatively quiet on exact specifications, simply promising that it would make more than 550 hp. Now it has been revealed that the 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 combined with a trio of electric motors will produce a total system output of 573 hp while mated to a nine-speed dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters. The sports car will weigh 3,803 pounds with an approximate top speed of 191 mph. Unfortunately, Acura hasn’t revealed zero to 60 acceleration times yet or even a price estimate.

With the mid-engine setup, the Acura NSX will have a 42-percent front, 58-percent rear weight distribution with standard Brembo brakes featuring six-piston calipers in the front with 14.5-inch vented aluminum rotors. In the rear will be four-piston calipers with 14-inch vented aluminum rotors. Available as an option will be carbon-ceramic brakes.

Stock tires will come in the form of Continental Conti-Sport Contact 5P rubber, measuring 245/35/19 in the front and 305/30/19 in the rear.

Expect more details on the 2017 Acura NSX to be revealed as we get closer to its on-sale date next year.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/10/2017-acura-nsx-features-573-hp-arriving-spring-2016.html

23. 3800 pounds and -only- 573hp? lol