255 mph VTTT i heard about it

Discussion in '1996 Lamborghini Diablo VTTT' started by LamboOwner, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: This car looks bloody good!

Why is this not a decent car? I mean only 7 were made so it's extremely rare, it's fast as hell, and it costs half a million dollars which is more than you will ever have. And most importantly of all, saying that any Lamborghini isn't decent means you know absolutely NOTHING about cars. So maybe you should get a life.

2. Re: This car looks bloody good!

I've seen two of these cars for sale, the one I can remember was going for around 800,000USD, pretty fair price for a car like this I would say, I don't ever think they did one in black origionally. The 2 I've seen 1 was yellow almost exactly what is pictured on this site the other was lambo orange. Both in excellent shape by the way.

3. imagine this car with NOS!!!!

If you put NOS on this car it would be MADE!!!! shit to all those people who think that this bad-ass performance part would actually ruin the diablo. by the way it ain't a japanese performance, NOS was almost totally developed and made in the US.

Or maybe if they had some Italian parts that were something like NOS, that that would be good too.

4. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

you=idiot
    NOS=crap

5. #30 300ZXfreakk, May 1, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I heard you could buy this car with either a 600 or 752 bhp engine, with the 752 bhp this car would get a top speed of 255 mph, making it the fastest car in the world. See Diablo VTTT specs at www.lamborghiniregistry.com .

I also saw a Diablo VTTT for sale on that website, here is info:

Diablo VTTT

Last updated May 15, 2001

1995 LAMBORGHINI Diablo VTTT
    Chassis #SLA12370
    Engine #

"US model with rear wing. VTTT model with Twin Turbo chargers. For sale in California, USA.17" 2-piece alloy road wheels with gold plated appointments, Odometer Reads 6,333 KM., Seized by the US Department of the Treasury as part of a US Customs raid on an internet gambling company. It has no books or records available with it. It was put up for auction on January 11, 2001 and went for $170k, but the bidder couldn't come up with financing so it was put up for auction again on March 15, 2001 and was finally sold.

The turbo is an aftermarket conversion that Platinum Motors say was not done by them. They didn't know who did do it either. Latest information indicates that the turbo conversion was done by a Sterling Motors, in the USA."

The Diablo mentioned above is painted black without the "VTTT" decals. The website also said that 8 were made, and not 7.

6. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

speed demon, your a jack a$$. you did this in the Millineum Roadster forum also.

7. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

nos is serious danger to a car, high danger i wouldn't stack this kind a car to a nos system while it can outrun many with a nos using none it self

8. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

Where do these people come from?

9. Re: This car looks bloody good!

We can all agree that this car is simply a work of art

10. Re: This car looks bloody good!

Honestly, this is one of the ugliest #$%#ing diablo's i've ever seen in my entire life, and $500k for shitty ass car that probably runs 11 quarters.

11. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

do i even need to start on this? im glad you are banned.

12. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

lol, wat an idiot. Wouldnt Nos b bad for a car like this?

13. Re: imagine this car with NOS!!!!

well NOS is bad 4 all cars, but i mean exotic, big engines like this 1 in paticular

14. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

no, now ur just lyin

15. Re: What does VTTT stand for?

hell yea, its a beast

16. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

Very good info. I would give you a +1 if I could.

17. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

U should comment on the post at the Callaway corvette page. These two guys are arguing over the fact that this car was faster than the corvette.

18. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

I dont doubt a diablo can do that, but with 750? No, now here we go into some serious modifications, swapp the 6.0 liter Diablo engine, with the Lamborghini 8.0 V12 (stock 650), shove a Twin Turbo on the sucker, some other mods, exhaust, slicks and you got yourself 6 seconds, with about 1200 horsepower. And should you have the money to do that, get yourself an illegal gas card... or else. (all info from Lamborghini.com)

19. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

The twin turbo kit was designed by a guy named Greg Armstrong. His shop is located in Costa Mesa, CA. Historic Race Engineering.

20. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

NOPE HE IS TELLIN THE TRUTH THESE CARS CAN KICK ANY TOYOTA SUPRA,SKYLINE OR EVEN THE VEYRON. I DONT MEAN STOCK CAR EITHER. YOU CAN BUILD ONE WITH A BASIC DIABLO THEN WITH SOME MONEY OH SAY 40K YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 1400AWHP! AND TOP SPEEDS WELL OVER 240MPH!!! RUN THE 1/4MILES IN THE 9S AND STILL TURN ON THE DIME!

21. Re: 255 mph VTTT i heard about it

Actually it's true. If u lazy a**es would have the audassity to look on the site for it hes right. 752hp=255mph 600hp=222mph

22. In a word: bull$hit!

First of all: what makes you think you could reliably get 1200hp from the 8.0 engine?
    Second of all: "slicks" are not street legal (last I checked).
    Third of all: why would you want to take a nice grnd-tourer like this Diablo variant and turn it into a fire-breathing drag monster with no tractability or low speed drivability?
    Finally: There is no f$#@in way some 750hp lambo could be the world's fastest car. THe tires required to reach speed above 230 are not usually street-legal, and also need illegally high tire pressures. Also: the lambo has too much drag and downforce to slip into the stratosphere of speed (above about 215).

Look guys: cars with a much better pwr to weight ratio, better gearing for high speed, and less drag/downforce (example: McLaren F1) have not been able to reach anywhere near that kind of speed. The stock car that has the best chance today is the Bugatti Veyron (claimed at 252). I doubt that'll go much more than 240 without changing parts or gearing.

23. In a word: bull$hit!

First of all: what makes you think you could reliably get 1200hp from the 8.0 engine?
    Second of all: "slicks" are not street legal (last I checked).
    Third of all: why would you want to take a nice grand-tourer like this Diablo variant and turn it into a fire-breathing drag monster with no tractability or low speed drivability?
    Finally: There is no f$#@in way some 750hp lambo could be the world's fastest car. THe tires required to reach speed above 230 are not usually street-legal, and also need illegally high tire pressures. Also: the lambo has too much drag and downforce to slip into the stratosphere of speed (above about 215).

Look guys: cars with a much better pwr to weight ratio, better gearing for high speed, and less drag/downforce (example: McLaren F1) have not been able to reach anywhere near that kind of speed. The stock car that has the best chance today is the Bugatti Veyron (claimed at 252). I doubt that'll go much more than 240 without changing parts or gearing.

24. I heard there was a posting on this site about my VTTT. I own car #4 of the 5 original cars produced by Greg with the approval of Lamborghini. My car has been updated a few times in the last 6 years and currently has an Electromotive ignition sytem, larger injectors and fuel pumps, new turbo's by Ruf Autocentre in Dallas and a recent tune up by James Patterson at Norwood Performance, also in Dallas. I have rear wheel dyno tests at 790 rear wheel HP at 6600 RPM at 15 pounds of boost. These tests were done with the front drive shaft removed as I did not have access to a 4 wheel dyno test facility. I have driven the car at Pocono Raceway during an event held in June of 2003 and had the pleasure of taking the event organizer on the front straight at over 220 MPH. Jim Heady, the president of Lamborghini Club of America, has known me for years, and has told me on more than one occassion that my VTTT "has too much horespower". I would be glad to answer any questions that that you might have about the car.

Mark Carney