280 hp? now wait...

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Grand Prix G-Force Concept' started by EspritV8, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This is 280hp with a little under 3.8 liters. The Bonneville GX/P is right at 3.8 with less hp. What is up with that? Anyways. Looks good. Woulden't mind seeing it on the road. One thing. NO MORE RED Pontiac Grand Prixs!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF THEM ARE RED. Not the beautiful european red like on VW or BMW, but crappy, factory buffer swirled red that doesn't shine like it should!!!! What is up with that? But like I said, this is cool.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

For all those who think that horsepower=power, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This car has 280hp at 5200 rpm... and with a redline at 6, you will usually never see this 280hp figure unless you like driving your car into the ground.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

they reason may be that the g-force has a thrid gen eaton m-90 supercharger. i think that is the one it had. the current grand prix has the second gen m-90.

also what you see about the grand prix not seeing its full potential is true. but that is the same for all cars. my gtp stays in its power band when i get on it. thats all that matters. Not all cars use their full horsepower all the time. I dont know alot about this subject, but i do know that.

Can you explain it to me more please if I am wrong. I am always trying to learn as much as a I can about cars.

later
    Jacob

4. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

Ahh but you have forgoten the force, Hp american means engine power in german it means power at the rear wheels. Also gm will count any pony they can find even the lil babie with its head barely out its moms ass where as euro and jap cars pick the tidiest and best looking Stalions for they're hp count. Now class lets review American HP = babies everything else HP = Something they can use and breathes fire into they're very souls.

My appologies to americano fans because GM does make some killer shit but you ever try to resell a GM even if you took it off the lot and tried to sell the thing depreciates faster then the resale a Hugo 2 cylinder Erkel mobile<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

Drive it into the ground? I thought that is what the performance stock-modified cars were built for. Even if you don't. There are those times when ya will need it to help on highway entrance and those times when the modded up Caviler pulls up next to ya and you need to put down some shame. Hehe. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

this is a nice car an would fit in wonderfully in places where a viper an other super cars are rare,like where i live. i agree it would be good for layin down some shame on some cavaliers an sunfires an all those cars that like 50 000 people in one city drive... mind you i can dust a cavalier with my beasty ol wagon...<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mofomenator</i>
    <b>Ahh but you have forgoten the force, Hp american means engine power in german it means power at the rear wheels. Also gm will count any pony they can find even the lil babie with its head barely out its moms ass where as euro and jap cars pick the tidiest and best looking Stalions for they're hp count. Now class lets review American HP = babies everything else HP = Something they can use and breathes fire into they're very souls.

My appologies to americano fans because GM does make some killer shit but you ever try to resell a GM even if you took it off the lot and tried to sell the thing depreciates faster then the resale a Hugo 2 cylinder Erkel mobile</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Heh, any little horsepower they can find? Sorry, that's incorrect. Have you ever seen a dyno sheet of a Camaro/Firebird or Corvette? The power they are making at the wheels is around 10-20hp of what they are making at the engine, that doesn't fit the 10-15% drivetrain loss estimate, and shows that GM has actually underrated a few of their vehicles. Try not to be so biased when you look at cars.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

From what I've heard (I may be incorrect, so please respond if I am), the GTPs were quite under rated on their spec sheets. I don't recall the actual numbers, or the size of the discprepancy, but I believe it was quite a bit.

9. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

Mister Guru i rspected your obvious intelectual prowess, yet you missed I said "Now class lets review American HP = babies everything else HP = Something they can use and breathes fire into they're very souls. My appologies to americano fans because GM does make some killer shit" Basically what I was referring to is that 280 hp cn be exagerated because it's been known to happen, at the same time they underate things like camaro fire bird and vette for a very good reason, insurance. I'm not as biased as my previous post will show, this particular car brings back bad memories so i kind of exploded on it, (wall, lots of flames, broken bones and the such).

NAH NAHH, NAH NAH NAHH NAH, EH EH EH EAT A DICK
    juss kidding

As for a GTP maybe the newer ones but as of prolly around 96 I'm pretty sure there exagerated slightly.

<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

HP is measured at the rear wheels by nearly all car companies now.

11. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

hello isin't that impossible<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

If the car is front wheel drive.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

Lol...nice on Lambo =)

Ummm....guys..GM cars are quite underated..and suprising untuned!! My Friend and I tuned his 2001 GP GT and we went from the shitty 200hp to bout 380-400hp...and this is without maxing out the engine and replacing parts.
    now imagine what we can do if you strapped in an Eatons or Vortech charger?
    HKS turbos?

Also, GM underrates the HP for 1 reason main reason which is lower insurance for all those people who want a good performance sedan =)

This car also has quite alot of Torque too, and this GeForce car is not really tuned that well. The 280lbs/ft is appallingly low.
    But it's still better than most of the market. And for a car that costs bout $35K CAD with taxes...this is a bargain pocket rocket =)

As for people saying GM Cars have no HP @ the wheels..well all the new GM cars are tested for HP @ the wheels. Not to mention that these slightly upper class GMs all either use Getrag shifters...or use the GM made ones that even the BMW 5 series use =P Yes...BMW 5 Series uses a GM tranny...suprising no?

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

This engine should make all the die hard import fans shutup about how america doesn't know how to make engines. I love all cars ( Besides Hyundai, Daewoo, Kia, Renault, Ferrari & a few more), but I think that imports and musclecars are both even, in different classes though.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

Hmmm! good post Supra Sonic =)
    I like your logic =)
    Imports are coolz cuz they sound like pissed off hornets when tuned properly..puts a nice smile on your face...and when I say imports I mean like 300ZXTT, the old MR2s, NSX and a few others...and yes...I love the Skyline =)

American cars..hehe.
    well when tuned properly can make such a thunderous noise that it may seem the world is coming to an end =P Gotta love it =)
    That low rumbling..hehe =)

So why dun ya like Ferrari and Renault?
    Renault Megane Coupe is kickass man!! Such a good F2 rally car!! And the Renault Clio V6 Sport =) Wow..total Civic killer =)

Ferrari..ok...well me disappointed wif them too. I mean the 360 is pretty nice looking, but the reliability and other issues are surprisingly bad.

DA PUN
    <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: 280 hp? now wait...

Hmmmmm.
    True man! I love GM cars though. Everyone my family gets is reliable and the only reason why were trade it in is cuz we like newer more high tech cars =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->