300 MPH...???

Discussion in '2005 Ferrari FXX' started by bigp1202, Apr 18, 2006.

1. On Monday, April 17 I saw a show on CNBC called On The Money. Towards the end they did a Cha-Ching section on Ferraris. It turns out that Ferrari had reserved Homestead Speedway in Miami, FL for loyal customers to come and test out their Ferraris. On hand were 8 2005 FFX Enzos (along with several F430s and 612 Scagliettis). They were calling the new FXX a "fighter-jet on four wheels." That's great and all, but what got me was that they said its capable of 0-60 times in 3 seconds flat (I definately believe that) and a top speed of 300 MPH!!!!! Three Hundred Miles Per Hour!!!!!

Quite frankly, I can't believe they would even say something like that because the Bugatti Veyron's top speed of 252 is such an amazing feat, as with the Koenisegg CCR's 245 MPH speed limit.

I just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Adios

2. I don't see that happening. 300MPH...that'd be a good speed, but I definitely aint seeing that happening with this.

3. i dont believe it either, but 0-60 in 3 seconds seems plausable...

4. 300mph. Possible, but only with 2 Bugatti Engines!!!

5. 300 mph, definitely not.

6. just sow #$%#ing xpesive... ...and ugly

7. cant be 300mph, those guys are retarded

9. LOL

10. The FXX has roughly the same top speed as the Enzo according to Ferrari but significantly better stats in all other catagories.

11. I'm not too fond of Ferrari's, I like Lamborghinis. But my 3 favorites are the Saleen S7, SCC Ultimate Aero TT, and my favorite one of all: 2007 Corvette Z06

12. there is no way it can do 300 mph.

13. 0-60 seems believable but 300 miles per hour???no

14. Ferrari Execs have already stated numerous times now that the FXX has "roughly" the SAME TOP SPEED (it's slightly faster)as the normal Enzo so everyony can shut it about the 300mph and beating the speed kings.The point of this car was track and racing stats and times.Ferrari goal was to make the best track car possible and the FXX while it has roughly the same top speed as the Enzo it vastly improves on all other performance figures.The info isn't hard to find so go check.Oh this is a great car indeed.

15. While I do doubt that 300 mph is accurate, it may not be that far off, it was finally tested and some measurements were published, we all know the Hp is 800, and the dry wieght is published as 2512lbs (1139.4Kg) which makes for a power-wieght of 3.14lb/hp (1.424kg/hp) while the bugatti's lb/hp is 4.496 (2.039kg/hp)so it prolly wouldnt be 300, but maybe 260-275mph, and the 0-60 is 2.8 secs by the way.

16. Could they mean 300 KPH? But that is still only 186mph or so, and it's much faster than that. Someone was way off there or was just having fun. To get to 300mph it would need 2000hp, maybe more.

17. FXX is as good as an enzo, but just with more technology taken from Ferrari's Formula 1 accompishments.
    I hate both the FXX and the Enzo, but maybe the Enzo kinda looks better.

18. 300 mph, with its current engine and transmission I think its unlikely
    0-60mph in 3 sec. it's possible b'coz its lightweight, if a 2 ton bugatti can do it in 2.5 sec , so can this.

for the car to go to 300 mph, or exceed it, you just need to put not 1, not 2, but 4 of the most gigantic turbochargers they can put in the car.
    If this does not do it. replace the currnt engine with a high-revving V-16 (8,500 rpm or more)then put four turbochargers and put a gearbox to harness all that power and make it an all-wheel drive instead of a rear-wheel drive.

With this, i think 350 mph is w/out breaking a sweat, this might even go close to 400 MPH !!!

I know i'm insane, but if my suggestions were to be done. i think 300 mph or more is very possible, As long as there is a driver willing to drive the car.

19. 300 mph, with its current engine and transmission I think its unlikely
    0-60mph in 3 sec. it's possible b'coz its lightweight, if a 2 ton bugatti can do it in 2.5 sec , so can this.

for the car to go to 300 mph, or exceed it, you just need to put not 1, not 2, but 4 of the most gigantic turbochargers they can put in the car.

If this does not do it. replace the currnt engine with a high-revving V-16 (8,500 rpm or more)then put four turbochargers and put a gearbox to harness all that power and make it an all-wheel drive instead of a rear-wheel drive.

With this, i think 350 mph is w/out breaking a sweat, this might even go close to 400 MPH !!!

I know i'm insane, but if my suggestions were to be done. i think 300 mph or more is very possible, As long as there is a driver willing to drive the car.

And if this still doesn't do it for you, remove the internal combustion engines and just put a jet engine in it.

20. Due to it having a lighter body then the Enzo, from what I can gather, top speed is estimated at near 248.

21. i heard about it doing 262Mph and it just hasnt been tested but 300 mph is ridiclus. i just heard this from a car nerd.