300hp?

Discussion in '1935 Duesenberg Model SJN' started by otownusa, Apr 27, 2006.

1. yeah I think i'm with everyone saying that 300 would be plenty, i mean, this car is fairly light for it's size, and like the article said, they were going for reduction of moving parts and efficency. I mean, I imagine if it made production they could milk some more out of 'er but 300 hp is quite a lot really.

2. Come on. It's a 2007 Duesenburg. New age. Not the 90's anymore. It should be at least 500+ hp. What do you think?

3. If they're going after Bentley or Bugatti like the looks (and heritage) would suggest, 300hp ain't even close. Maybe they aren't, I don't know. I'd love to see Duesenbergs, Packards, and Pierce-Arrows all over the place, but the fact is that they can never make cars the way they did in the 1920s and the relevance of these brands in today's world is really suspect. Just ask Maybach.

4. for gods sake.
    i know they have a history of making cars with 20hp but this is the 21st century!
    people who are going to buy this car want a thundering V12 with 600hp.
    this will only sell for its looks. and they are amazing.

5. I agree. What is with all this BS nowadays about cars having to have an assload and a half of horsepower? What's the point--you're not racing with this. Nor a Maybach, Rolls, or Bentley. All you need is a quick but smooth ride. 300 bhp will be plenty thanks to its weight. It should ride as clean as the Phantom, just slower than the Continental GT. This engine is about efficiency, not power. Let it be.