300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by z28infront, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I only buy American cars for myself, I wish my wife had a 300ZX twin turbo because I would like to drive it daily. I would like to restore a 240Z, but the 300ZX twin turbo is a true supercar. I really love the add where Ken picks Barbie up in this car to the music of Van Halen (Girl You Really Got Me). In America the 300ZX twin turbo had a little over 300 horsepower. Before the trend of the big exhaust A co-worker of mine had a 300 with duel 120mm exhaust on it, the only other time I had ever seen exhaust big was on the Supra. That 300ZX had after market turbos, intake, and other parts. It put out more than 400hp, he wanted to sell it because he took a lot of life out of that motor. It was as fast of a street car that I have ever been around. I could make my Z28 faster, but I use it for every day driveing. Well I would buy a 300ZX twin turbo if they still made them, maybe GM can buy the design.

2. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

wow you my freind i look up to u wanting a 300z tt and u wanna restore a 240z man i really look up to u the 300z is abeautiful car and im madd they discontinued it and yur choiceto wanna restore 240z is a thing of dreams for people lke me see wen i was smaler my dad had one ad evan thou i was a lil kid it was the greatest car ride i ever took i loved that car and it is a beutiful car as well its also alotta fun to drive i also soon hope to own a restored 240z man u really rock!!! no one can beat the Z cars !!!! and this time just for u i wont say that domestic ..... i wont say it hahaha well im out peace!!! andyes both of those cars to me are the best nissans ever evan more than the skylines!!! <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

I to stick with american cars nd european cars. I would never jap an oriental car<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>I to stick with american cars nd european cars. I would never jap an oriental car</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->There are some good japanese sport cars out there that are as respectable as many American machines. Example the 69Datsun 240Z or even the 510. These are great Japanese machines obviosly inspired by Japanese muscle. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

"..to the music of Van Halen (Girl You Really Got Me)."

-just to let you know, that song is by the kinks.

my favorite z commercial is the "I had this dream...that I was in a twin turbo z...". The guy gets chased by motorcycles, gets away. gets chased by a gt car, gets away. gets chased by a jet, "and just as [it's](the jet) about to catch [him], the twin turbos kick in." Its a great commercial.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

this car is great, too bad they call it the "fairlady" guess it's supposed to be a chick car.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

what u guys reckon of the 260Z?

8. Re: 300ZX TT best Nissan ever, 240Z best Datsun ever!!!

Its called Fairlady in Japan because they dont like to give names like with just letters, numbers, especially a car with such a long history.
    The name Fairlady was suposed to give the car a more fenamin side.
    And you have probably guessed, the name was given after the head 300ZX guy watched My Fair Lady on Broadway.
    But dont forget, there are loads of cars that sound cool to us but is something medioca or silly in another language. Or sound ordinary but a translation sounds much better.
    Like in the UK there is a call called a Nova. Great, named after a collapsing star. Its not called Nova in Spain. Because Nova means No Go in spainish. Triumph motor bikes. To us its called Triumph. But if a Japanese person askes what is the Japanese translation for Triumph, they will be told,
    "To finish, vitorious in a battle". And they will think. WOW!!!!!
    HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Stuart