307 WRC?

Discussion in '2001 Peugeot 206 WRC' started by JadePhoenix, Aug 10, 2002.

1. i heard from somewhere that peugeot is gonna make a 307 WRC in 2004 or something? can anyone confirm this, and where can i find more info?

it might be a good thing since the 307 shell is larger... yesterday in cyprus burns was complaining about the heat, and team boss provera said the car is too small to fit an air con system! but to tell ye the truth... i love the 206... not eager to see a replacement for it.

2. Re: 307 WRC?

they wouldnt put an air con system in it anyway. it takes power from the engine. he could just open the window!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 307 WRC?

well... if the heat is hindering burns so much (he said he wasnt even paying attention to the pace notes anymore, after a few stages), i guess they would do anything they can, even if it means losing engine power. but since the shell is too small, problem solved. they dont even have the option to fit an air con system.

4. Re: 307 WRC?

its probably illegal or sumthic cos if u did have one you would need it in the back running off the battery which means it would be crap and add a lot of weight.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 307 WRC?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JadePhoenix</i>
    <b>i heard from somewhere that peugeot is gonna make a 307 WRC in 2004 or something? can anyone confirm this, and where can i find more info?

it might be a good thing since the 307 shell is larger... yesterday in cyprus burns was complaining about the heat, and team boss provera said the car is too small to fit an air con system! but to tell ye the truth... i love the 206... not eager to see a replacement for it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've read several rumors in the French press , but nothing since.

The 206 will be replaced in 2004-2005 , there will have a new WRC , but don't know if it'll be a 207 or 307.

6. Re: 307 WRC?

its most likely to be whatever pugs replacement for the 206 roadcar is so a 207 is most likely, they seem to prefer the 200 for rallying, 205 t16, 206 ...logical move would be 207<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 307 WRC?

I hope will happen in a couple of years like in 2006, or if the do replace the 206 i hope it will be after it will stop being competitive.