365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy "Vette" Stingray

Discussion in '1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona' started by tiger005, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

stingray, in yellow, '69<!-- Signature -->

2. ferrari or american muscle cars?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Ferrari for me without a doubt. They haven't made a Vette I like since 1967...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

I'm siding with the Vette, the Ferrari's nice but come on, just look at the Vette, it's beautiful!

5. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Hello everyone!!! This is my first post here, and I hope that its not the last. About the question ferrari VS stingray, Ithink they're both great cars, and I guess I would choose the stingray just because I think of it as one of the most beautifull classic cars ever made at that time, though I have to recognize that the ferrari has better values on almost every issue u might think about: $$value, handling, tech, etc.

6. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Daytona of course. It was the fastest car in the world in it's time and certainly one of the most beautiful.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Please Forget Value
    The stingray will still leave the Ferrari in the dust in a drag race
    Ok Maybe not on a track, but who goes on a track. And for just a few more bucks you turn the small block chevy into something more powerful than a V12. As a proud of a '67 Stingray (soon to be modified) I guarantee you.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

The ferrari whthout a question. The vette is a nice muscle car, but that it all that it is just a muscle car. The ferrari does everything better and despite what the guy before me said the vette will get torn up at the drag strip.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Ferrari, no question, who cares about drag-racing?

10. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

I have to agree, as much as I love the Stingray, the Ferrari has much more kudos, not to mention class. Who cares about drag racing down some 1/4 mile strip in the middle of Cannes eh? Answer: No-one. Why? Because an American car although will last years and only needs a monkey and a wrench for servicing, it looks big, out of place. I'm afraid for the time it was made the Daytona was head and shoulders above its rivals. Sweeping curves and low down grunt was never favoured in Europe, I'd love to see a Stingray to take the Nuremburg hairpins and see it take mountain pass bends. In short, the American muscle falls down on the first and very simple hurdles, cornering and racing ability. Ferrari it is, yet again.

11. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

I like the stingra...

FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!Duuuuuh, because corvette sucks my (_I_).

12. #12 Ralph, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Hey, Europe... American cars require more upkeep? What-the-wa-hu?
    Yeah... Sure....

14. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WMatos 427</i>
    <b>Please Forget Value
    Ok Maybe not on a track, but who goes on a track. And for just a few more bucks you turn the small block chevy into something more powerful than a V12. As a proud of a '67 Stingray (soon to be modified) I guarantee you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who goes on a track? People who know how to drive. Did you know that the front wheels of cars actually turn? Yep. And you know what else? That circular object in front of you when you sit in the driver's seat is called a "steering wheel"! It's used to change the direction in which the car drives. Amazing, huh?

As for which car, I like both, but I much prefer the Ferrari. Did you know it can go 70mph in REVERSE? Not that you'd do it, but it's still cool.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

The Ferrari Trumps the vette. Dont get me wrong, the vette is cool, but this car was widely praised as the best sports car AND the best GT car in the world. The corvette may be fast, but it doesn't quite have that kind of credentials.

16. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WMatos 427</i>
    <b>Please Forget Value
    Ok Maybe not on a track, but who goes on a track. And for just a few more bucks you turn the small block chevy into something more powerful than a V12. As a proud of a '67 Stingray (soon to be modified) I guarantee you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Who goes on a track?
    FERRARI OWNERS!
    Although the Stingray is the best looking American car ever made (I mean EVER), and can go OK in a straight line, the Ferrari is just as beautiful and, I think, would turn more heads.
    There is far less skill involved in going in a straight line fast in these cars than going aroung a circuit, as well as far fewer thrills.
    The Ferrari goes around circuits faster and better, and corners are an inevitable fact of life.
    turbo power, I like your signature, and prozac, you know what you're on about.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Hahah i was thinking hte same thing, they're statistics look the like, and the cars look alike, both cars are very good.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

I like both American and Italian cars.
    I like the raw power of big American V8's for example, and the beautiful lines from Ferrari.
    Each car has it's own 'cool' aspects.

19. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

This is not a drag racer. And you ask who goes to racetracks? How about the people who have a little more class than the ones who go to dragstrips, hmmmmm?

20. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

On a lighter note, I'd take the Ferrari...NO CONTEST. They're not even in the same league! I have to ask myself if this is really a serious forum when the correct answer is so obvious!

"A stupid question is the question that has an obvious answer that you should already be aware of" -General "Stonewall" Jackson

21. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Daytona.

22. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

the competition here is about the most brain-dead that there is(well, maybe not, some dumbass compared a Viper GTS to the Acura RSX). as a longtime fan of all classic cars, a club racer, and the proud owner of a 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10, my nod goes to the Ferrari, simply because of it's rarity. most of you can see a Stingray Corvette any day of the week, whereas 90% of you have never personally seen a Daytona. I competed in the Gumball 3000(for those that don't know, it's a charity event involving a race clear-cross the nation) and I was lucky enough to travel in convoy with one of these, a black one. And there was only one Corvette, a brand-new Z06 driven by a magazine editor. This thing managed to keep pace with us, and the Vette got held up in Oklahoma.

23. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Frankly, it would all depend on the Vette. A similar '70 Vette equipped with a 396 or a 427 would be my choise. But then again this is my favorie Ferrari. It would be a close race with the 427, but the Ferrari would probably out handle it with ease.

Im split between the two. Though my absolute favoite Ferrari (It easily surpasses the Enzo), I cannot leave my Corvette behind.

24. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

Why does every post on this website seem to come down to the arguement of dragracing vs. everyday-use/circuit racing?
    Well... to begin with, all of you guys seem to be brining up the '67 vettes, which still had only (Yeah yeah... 'only') 350s in them, it wasnt until the '69 and 1/2 that the 427 became available.
    Although im too tired, and well, at the moment lazy, to look up any stats on the Vette, i would have to guess that the ferrari would definately give it a run for its money in a quartermile. That being said, that was in no way the goal of the ferrari.
    I would choose the Ferrari any day... simple beauty.

25. Re: 365 GTB/4 Daytona vs Chevy

The two cars are not comparable. A regular C3 Corvette is meant to be a daily driver, easily serviced, easily restored. Not that uncommon. This Ferrari is a show car. If I owned it, I would probably drive it for only a few kilometres a year. The rest of the time it would sit in my heated garage under a cover. It is not meant to be a daily driver, mo way! It's definitely a collector's item. Although the same can be said of some rare model Corvettes such as the 1963 Z06 or the 1968 L88 which would go for half million $. So obviously I'd take the Ferrari over a regular C3 'vette, unless it was a '63 Z06 or a '68 L88.