5 Tokyo Performance Icons

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by ajzahn, Oct 25, 2007.

1. #1 ajzahn, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    R&T brings you 5 of the hottest performers on display at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show.

By Matt DeLorenzo • Photos by John Lamm
    October 2007

Slideshow: Best of Tokyo
    >>> www.roadandtrack.com/gallery.aspx?section_id=15&section_prefix=autoshows&webtrends_section=autoshows&article_id=6099&window_id=1&gallery_id=790&page_number=1&seq=1

Video: 5 Tokyo Performance Icons
    >>> www.roadandtrack.com/video/index.html?bcpid=717440069&bclid=716073162&bctid=1267613029

The most anticipated launch at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show is Nissan's of the mighty GT-R sports coupe. Promised four years ago by Nissan/Renault chairman Carlos Ghosn, this performance icon is certainly the star of the show, but by no means the only game in town. The Japanese have been at the forefront in developing hot, turbocharged, all-wheel-drive sedans and hatchbacks. Two other icons in their own right, the Mitsubishi Evo and the Subaru WRX STI will take the stage in all-new guises, while Lexus struts its stuff with the LF-A supercar and the BMW M3-slaying IS-F sports sedan.

2. There�s a lot of anticipation, and I�m still not sold on the STi. I can�t wait to finally see an EVO in Canada. I also am looking forward to see what the Lexus IS-F is capable of, and if it�s a worthy contender for the M3.

3. from C&D

Zero to 60 mph: 4.2 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 9.8 sec
    Zero to 150 mph: 24.7 sec
    Street start, 5–60 mph: 4.6 sec
    Standing ¼-mile: 12.7 sec @ 114 mph

most reviews seem to love it or like it

4. QUICK car!

5. in my Care-O-Meter:

GT-R/EVO>>IS-F>>>>LF-A>WRX STi

6. Well that answers that.

7. Swap the IS and LF and you're spot on.

8. LF-A...drool

9. I hoping to see the production version of the LF-A.

10. Lexus LF-A debut in 2009??? oh no!! too late!!