512 or Countach?

Discussion in '1992 Ferrari 512 TR' started by ThugLife187, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 512 or Countach?

id rather the countach

2. I'd take a Lamborghini Countach over a 512TR anyday. Not neccessarily because it's better, but the 512TR was many years newer, and their performance was very similar. Overall, I'd say the Countach was a better car.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 512 or Countach?

The Countach 5000S QV model, it is better looking and has great steering. (the funny thing is that there is more downforce in the front than in the back)<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 512 or Countach?

I would take the Ferrari 512M. During its production, the Countach started sprouting wings, spoilers, and air ducts until the car literally became a caricature of itself. The 512M has much cleaner lines and doesn't require all those extra add-ons to help keep it firmly planted on the ground. Although the performance may be similar, I would definitely take the Ferrari because their is much more sense in it's design and it is 10 times more beautiful in my opinion.

5. Re: 512 or Countach?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from killer69</i>
    <b>I'd take a Lamborghini Countach over a 512TR anyday. Not neccessarily because it's better, but the 512TR was many years newer, and their performance was very similar. Overall, I'd say the Countach was a better car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> if you heard the 512Trs r=engine you'de change your mind<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 512 or Countach?

It's hard to pick,512 has more performance,countach looks better and
    more passionate to drive.Both are costy to mantain,I would take the 512tr.

7. Re: 512 or Countach?

I would take the 512 anyday vs the Countach. The 512 looks better and the performance is better. Also Ferrari is better than Lamborghini.

8. Re: 512 or Countach?

Ferrari better than Lambo? What a joke! Everyone knows Lambo is in a way higher class than Ferrari. And just like Killer69 said, the Countach is older and was still better in terms of top speed and acceleration. Until Ferrari comes out with a true supercar, it'll always be a distant second to Lambo.

9. Re: 512 or Countach?

I've riden in a Countach once, and that was a real treat. Too bad I didn't get to drive. It had great acceleration, but the handling felt soft. Maybe that was simply because it was a used one, but I've heard amazing things about how the 512 handles. I'll take the Ferrari. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: 512 or Countach?

The early countash was an unreliable car, i no this because y dad used 2 have 1, and the lamborghini ppl sed that they are having reliability problems!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 512 or Countach?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Racer V</i>
    <b>Ferrari better than Lambo? What a joke! Everyone knows Lambo is in a way higher class than Ferrari. And just like Killer69 said, the Countach is older and was still better in terms of top speed and acceleration. Until Ferrari comes out with a true supercar, it'll always be a distant second to Lambo.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're speaking, of course, from PERSONAL experience, i.e. OWNERSHIP??? Obviously you've not been keeping up with Ferrari.
    Yes, I do. Several, as a matter of fact...<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: 512 or Countach?

even though the TR is .2sec faster 0-60, the Countach has perfect steering and crazy handling.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 512 or Countach?

512 for me. <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 512 or Countach?

During its production, the Countach started sprouting wings, spoilers, and air ducts until the car literally became a caricature of itself.

I definetly agree, give me the Countach with out any add ons like that stuff, if not, give me the 512.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: 512 or Countach?

the 512tr was a development beginning with the original 512 model in the mid-70s, not that much newer than the original P400 Countach, I like both, and both give similar performance, so It's really a matter of personal preference, I'd take the Ferrari, because IMO they're better than Lambo and the Flat-12 engine is the sweetest sound you'll ever hear.

16. Re: 512 or Countach?

Although i've never had the privlage of driving a 512, i have driven my uncle's countach, and its fast as hell, but impossible to drive.

The wheel, clutch and shifter take some serious muscle to move. Its not easy like an M3, its more like trying to wrestle a 350lb bodybuilder. Also at least from my height (5'10") its impossible to see out of. The rear window is virtually non-functional, you really can't see that well on either side of the rear bumper, and when your going fast the door mirriors are constantly shaking.

The 512 just looks more driveable. Not as extreme as the lambo, but more of a refined power. Its got looks to kill and an engine to back it up.

17. Re: 512 or Countach?

Are you serious? You do know that Lamborghini is a TRACTOR company, right? It's like buying a John Deere car! Car manufacturing is only a small division of the entire Lamborghini opperation (granted its the most famous). Not only that, but Lamborghini only introduces a new model once every decade and produce only ONE model at a time. Also, they do not improve the car's design over the course of production; you can put a 1992 Diablo next to a 2001 Diablo and see little to no differences. Lambo more passionate? NOT.

18. Re: 512 or Countach?

You are an idiot. LAMBO IS A TRACTOR COMPANY THAT MAKES CARS ON THE SIDE! Ferrari is a TRUE SUPER-EXOTIC car manufacturer that has 100 times the hertiage, passion, and beauty of Lamborghini.

19. Re: 512 or Countach?

Lamborghi Countach 5000S QV over Ferrari 512
    Ferrari 512 Over Lamborghini Countach

20. Re: 512 or Countach?

I would pick the 512TR over a Countach anyday but not over a Diablo,I say not over a Diablo because when the 512TR came out in '92
    I believe the Countach was already replaced by the Diablo.I don't know why who ever started this thread didn't use Diablo instead but oh well.

I like to compare Testarossa with the Countach and 512TR with Diablo,but that's just me.

21. Re: 512 or Countach?

well said....And Yes I would take a 512TR/M over a Countach too.
    However I would not take a 512TR/M over a Diablo,but I would take a
    Testarossa over a Countach aswell.
    Now I think I got the right cars from the right time periods compared right,lol.

22. Re: 512 or Countach?

that's a tough question....the Countach or the 512TR.....

I love both cars. My boyhood dream was to have a Countach, but the 512TR can put up with more miles. Hmm I don't even know if I can make the call.