8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

Discussion in '2001 Jaguar XKR-R Concept' started by 11secdawg, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GERMAN POWER</i>
    <b>so u would take a XJR over an M5?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey, I love BMW and I never though I'd buy anything else after my BMW Alpina B12 but then I went car shoppin for a performance sedan when I moved back to Atlanta.First I checked out the M5 but i figured i'd give Jaguar a try since the XJR looks absolutey stunning. Well Jaguar gave me the car overnight and I did some extensive driving (over 120) and belive it or not this car performed better than the M5, it more luxury and that sound gave me goosebumps and it still does today. Yeah it may be more expensive but I'm so glad I did afterall gve Jaguar a try. I haven't had a single problm and this car get more looks than my 1997 Porsche Twin Turbo

2. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

Jags are much much better compared to the boring and weird looking German cars. The only good thing that Germans make is beer......

Thumbs up for Jag, Morgan, TVR, Caterham, MG, Marcos and all the other great brands from the "Island"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

3. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

I love all these cars, but let's not compare a GT3 to this car....that's not fair. I mean we aren't comparing Mustangs to M3's are we? Or wait, some idiots are--my bad.

4. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

This Jag can't be fairly compared to a GT3. The cars have entirely different purposes for production. The Jag is designed to be a touring car for road driving purposes, even if it is this hot. The GT3 is designed more for track use but is still street legal. But were I given the dough for this or a German car, I'd probably have to have the M5, even if it is a bit slower. I just love the M5's look and its usefulness. And there's no substitue for German Engineering.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

11secdawg. Are you a Dawg fan? Im an undergrad @ UGA. The XKR is my second choice for a car, next to the XJ220. I'd love to have an M3 or M5, I like BMWs. Everyone seems to have a Beamer (even though they don't have an M3 or M5), and for the most part they all look the same. Mercedes are the FUGLIEST cars on the road. Old Benzs are nice, but these new overpriced German cars shouldn't be allowed off the boat.

6. Regardless of the reliability. I'm taking a Jag over a BMW or Benz.

More character from Jags. + Everyone and his great grand aunt has a Benz or Bimmer. Still good cars but exclusivity and originality is important to me when spending this kind of money.

+ I got a soft spot for British cars.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

so u would take a XJR over an M5?

8. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

would u take car Jag over Porsche 911 turbo or even a GT3?????? Porsche's would take Jag to the cleaners any day!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

10. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

I think that most german cars are far more reliable than most jaguars, especially porsche, mercedes amg series, bmws and audis RS series. But ... although the jaguar has an astonishing design, imo
    porsche or other german cars look even better.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

For me, i'd be the opposite...I can see where you're coming from, though, it's about personal taste in the character of the cars- civilized vs. aggression, no matter how hard British and German manufacturers try to achieve the other qualities, in order to gain more buyers.

12. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

You'd take this over an BMW M3 or M5, Audi S4 or S8, Porsche 911 Turbo, GT3, or even a GT2? You must have a really big soft spot for Britz. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

So, what's your thoughts on the Mini Cooper then? British Car, German built. That must be blowing a fuse in your head!
    :p<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 8 out of 10X's Ill take a Jag over any German car.

Thank you Thugz for finally bringin up the Audi's especially the S4. I can take on any Jag that wants to take me on in my S4, be my guest. But I first have to warn you of my 600hp that puts out 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. But thats it, the Jag is still pretty sweet. The hood is also real nice, but doesn't it remind u of something, like an Aston Martin?