80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERRARI

Discussion in '2001 Panoz Esperante' started by SuperSonic, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gunman</i>
    <b>You are totally overlooking the fact its 100% homologated for the US, and that the build cost per unit for a niche auto builder is higher than those of a large automaker. A "kit car" does not have to undergo the ~$1.5million investment to get homologated.

You may not like the price, but once you see how the car is built, and understand the costs involved, you'll see Danny isn't making all that much on them.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

fair play to mr panoz for his efforts, hes competeing in a tough sector in the car industry,.. and I think hes losing. I'de look else where 4 a convertable, bmw m3, viper, mustang?, 355 used, but thats only my opinion of course...this panoz is okay, but u can do better for 80k. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <bfair play to mr panoz for his efforts, hes competeing in a tough sector in the car industry,.. and I think hes losing. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't know about loosing...the Esperante is sold out for the next few years, with a waiting list.

3. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

Just because this car is not your cup of tea does not mean it sucks. Your logic says that the pagani zonda c-12s is a rebodied s-class and is a kit car. Just because they have the engine from a car does not make it a rebody. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EliseS2</i>
    <b>Just because this car is not your cup of tea does not mean it sucks. Your logic says that the pagani zonda c-12s is a rebodied s-class and is a kit car. Just because they have the engine from a car does not make it a rebody. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    good point. 80k is still too much for this. anyways its just my opinion i think i'll stop now.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

Yeah, Danny Panoz must be going crazy, selling an alright-looking car for $80,000, and it has a Ford engine too. I wouldn't buy any kind of car Ford-related for more than $35,000 at most.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SoupedUpSupra</i>
    <b>Yeah, Danny Panoz must be going crazy, selling an alright-looking car for $80,000, and it has a Ford engine too. I wouldn't buy any kind of car Ford-related for more than $35,000 at most.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No Konigsegg CC, Saleen S7, or Qvale for you then :)

7. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

Ferrari? Not HANDBUILT. Viper, haha not handbuilt. Only thing better than this is an Aston Martin and thats a lot more $$$<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

u all comparin it to a 355, y not think about a TVR they will do anything a 355can and more! and for only £50,000.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

You narrow minded dumbasses really piss me off!! A viper isn't even in the same league as the Esperante! For one thing this car isn't meant to go 200+ mph it is however meant to be a luxury sports car for those people who want to cruise in style but have no need for excessive speed. And when you ask who Panoz thinks he is? i don't believe being like Ferrari is what Daniel Panoz had in mind when he designed this fine car! The esperante is totally handmade (that would be why it cost 80 thou) which is the major difference between it and your beloved viper and although I love vipers i would much rather have one of these. So next time your gunna start a forum based on your limeted knowledge save yourslef some embarassment and do your reserch!

10. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

Yet again, another forum that is not so much about the car as about the narrow minded opinions of those discussing... b******t, really.
    TheWheelman111, I agree with you. They are comparing apples with oranges through the vision of blinkered eyes.

11. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

costs too much<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>basically this panoz is a rebodied mustang with panoz badge on the front and a sky high price.. imo there are better cars for 80K!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Like Gunman said, this is far from a rebodied mustang. It pretty much only uses the Cobra drivetrain, but other than it's an entirely different car. They handle like a dream, and you can even request a different rear-end gear so that you get quicker acceleration. They only put in the one they have now ( i believe it's a 3.77:1) to avoid the gas-guzzler tax. Either way, this car is not made for all out performance. It was made as more of a cruiser and a status symbol. Everyone who knows about cars knows that Panoz are special vehicles, so to own one makes a statement about the owner. The esperante (which actually has no relation to the le mans racer aside from the name and a Ford engine) is a wonderfully hand built car that deserves far more credit than it gets. At first i didn't like it because, like many of you, i thought it was just a Mustang with different clothes, but with a little research and reading and seeing it in real life i realized how great it was.
    p.s. - in the paddock at Petit Le Mans 2001 they had an uprated version of this car with a 500 hp supercharged V8, modified suspension, brembo cross-drilled brakes, bigger wheels, 6-speed tranny, aerodynamically altered front fascia, and all sorts of other goodies added. It was absolutely gorgeous and i would have shot my dog for a ride in it (not really but you get my point).

13. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorvetteZO6</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>basically this panoz is a rebodied mustang with panoz badge on the front and a sky high price.. imo there are better cars for 80K!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Like Gunman said, this is far from a rebodied mustang. It pretty much only uses the Cobra drivetrain, but other than it's an entirely different car. They handle like a dream, and you can even request a different rear-end gear so that you get quicker acceleration. They only put in the one they have now ( i believe it's a 3.77:1) to avoid the gas-guzzler tax. Either way, this car is not made for all out performance. It was made as more of a cruiser and a status symbol. Everyone who knows about cars knows that Panoz are special vehicles, so to own one makes a statement about the owner. The esperante (which actually has no relation to the le mans racer aside from the name and a Ford engine) is a wonderfully hand built car that deserves far more credit than it gets. At first i didn't like it because, like many of you, i thought it was just a Mustang with different clothes, but with a little research and reading and seeing it in real life i realized how great it was.
    p.s. - in the paddock at Petit Le Mans 2001 they had an uprated version of this car with a 500 hp supercharged V8, modified suspension, brembo cross-drilled brakes, bigger wheels, 6-speed tranny, aerodynamically altered front fascia, and all sorts of other goodies added. It was absolutely gorgeous and i would have shot my dog for a ride in it (not really but you get my point).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> its okay but pricey and not really its own car.. if panoz built their own engine I would have more respect for it<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</iits okay but pricey and not really its own car.. if panoz built their own engine I would have more respect for it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not much respect for the Mclaren F1, Konigsegg, Mosler, TVR, Marcos, Cunningham, or the Corvette ZR1 (Mercruiser and Lotus did the engine design...) then either?

15. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gunman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</iits okay but pricey and not really its own car.. if panoz built their own engine I would have more respect for it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not much respect for the Mclaren F1, Konigsegg, Mosler, TVR, Marcos, Cunningham, or the Corvette ZR1 (Mercruiser and Lotus did the engine design...) then either?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> exactly:p

16. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

the esperante will get burned by an rt/10 but this car is vvveeeerrrryyyy high quality. you wont find anything cheap about this car. anyways a car doesnt have to be as fast as a viper to be good

I love Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

The Esperante GTS would be more more of a challenge to the Viper than the basemodel. I would not mnd seeing that race.

18. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

Well, you must also realize that Panoz has only made a few hundred of these. It's a very exquisite hand-built car. That is probably why the price is where it is. I'd love to have one.

19. #44 RaveRacerR390, Jul 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

it looks a shit load better. its called the Esperante GT-LM and u can get pics from www.fast-autos.net

20. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

Maybe Panoz thinks that he, (and his son) are luxury sport car designers and builders. This car costs so much b/c it had decent acceleration, top speed, DVD player, leather seats, 11 speaker stereo, and many more features. I've seen one and I can say that this car is well worth the asking price.

21. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

They have a beefed up version of this car at the Panoz dealership near my house. It has somewhere around 500hp i do believe. I'll try to find out next time i go by there.

22. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

I might spend... $10k on this car.

23. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

i'd take a lotus elise over this any day, because they're cheaper, they look cooler, they're probably a better car anyway, and... just, yeah.

24. Re: 80,000 DOLLARS !!!!! who does panoz think he is ?? FERR

This is a NICHE car. It costs more because its made in small numbers by crafstmen. Bentelys cost $300,000 for the same reason.(As cool as Bentleys are, they are not really very good cars)