800TT 1/4 mile

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by 426 Hemistage 8, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

Actually, its 100% True (did you not see that at the end of the sentence?)

Stay out of the Viper forum. You obviously just want to start a flame war when spreading your false information. Its pretty sad how you feel the need to do it also. Only someone jealous of a car would do such a thing. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

there must be a reason y the division of the car market isn't the same now and 40 years ago. i know how american cars give good performence for the money, but if not because of the import tax.... well sometimes germen and japs makes more then ricie expensive cars. the elise is disigned to be a weekend racer and can go on the track with lil modifications, that's y the cockpit is estreamly simplefied. it only weights 710 kg!! and with only 122 bhp!!! it's 0-60 is 5.6, can keep up with a mustang, and handles well above most american cars. it dosen't cost much either, about umm 35000. i understand cameros and vetts got lotta stock hp, but sometimes we have to lern to appricate people's emphasis on disgine while their efforts r not reflected by hp numbers and quarter mile times. and if quarter mile time and hp is all u care, and u never lerned to appricate anything else then that, then don't talk carp about other cars. i used to go on the twisty mountan roads a lot, and i took my mustang dragger buddy with me, he realli enjoyed the experience. he took me dragging too and i thought it was fun as well. so just keep an open mind cuz what u c maybe what u think is the best.. but other things dosen't suck!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from XxWRCxX</i>
    <b>i know how you feel all the viper lovers only want big engine and moderate looks but if they would just look around at all the other cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Moderate looks"? That's just an opinion. If it's one thing the Viper has never been moderate about, it's in the looks department.
    The big engine is the heart of the Viper. You take that away, then what do you have? Certainly something very un-Viperlike.
    Regarding the Supras, yes, they are impressive. But what's it like to drive on the street, particularly those 1000+ hp single-turbo Supras? Whether or not it's in fact street legal or used by someone on the street is not what I'm getting at. What's the power delivery like?
    100 hp/l is impressive, but isn't it much easier when you're configuration is naturally balanced (I-6), and when your components are smaller and lighter in the first place? How many 8.0-liter V10's made by ANY company or tuner are out there with 100 hp/l? And what do they cost?
    Was that AEM Civic anywhere remotely street-legal, or even streetable? Any chance it used a wheelie bar? Any A/C? Power windows? Leather seats for both passenger and driver? Radio?

Regarding the Elise, yes, that too is an impressive car. Coming with years of experience by Lotus, and weighing so little, is anything but phenomenal performance expected? However, it's very much a track-only car with interior accomodations that are spartan even compared to the Viper. 0-60 is one thing, but how well will it keep up through the quarter mile? Standing mile? Top speed? The Viper clearly excels in these areas, and gives up very little (if anything) in the corners).

BTW, there are quite a few Americans who participate in road racing. It's not all about the quarter mile over here.

4. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from XxWRCxX</i>
    <b>Look at america and the racing they watch and then look at all the other countries and think for a minute, they have straight line cars because all they ever do is go in a straight line for instance going to the mall or going to the beach all it is STRAIGH LINE no wonder all the american cars are only good for the straight line.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    LOL, here's the main road going to the beach in my area. Hwy 17. Doesn't look too straight, now does it? And that's just the main highway. Take a look at the surrounding roads, many of which might even get you to the beach even quicker on a hot summer day.

5. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

Question:

Why are Americans so stupid?

Answer:

Because they have been hit in the head too many times by planes.

6. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from James Kot</i>
    <b>Question:

Answer:

Because they have been hit in the head too many times by planes.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

now that's just mean!! stop it!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from James Kot</i>
    <b>Question:

Answer:

Because they have been hit in the head too many times by planes.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You ignorant, arrogant, jerk. You think we're all stupid and then you go and make the dumbest comment I've heard yet. What you just said is what makes Americans think you are so dumb. And let's see how you would feel if three planes crashed in your country and killed THOUSANDS of people, you wouldn't be very happy now would you, the subject would be a little touchy wouldn't it? That is the most egotistical, incompotent, selfish comment I have ever heard anyone on this sight ever say. It's people like you that give Europeans bad reputations. I pitty you, you selfish fool.

8. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from XxWRCxX</i>
    <b>i know how you feel all the viper lovers only want big engine and moderate looks but if they would just look around at all the other cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    "Moderate looks"? That's just an opinion. If it's one thing the Viper has never been moderate about, it's in the looks department.
    The big engine is the heart of the Viper. You take that away, then what do you have? Certainly something very un-Viperlike.
    Regarding the Supras, yes, they are impressive. But what's it like to drive on the street, particularly those 1000+ hp single-turbo Supras? Whether or not it's in fact street legal or used by someone on the street is not what I'm getting at. What's the power delivery like?
    100 hp/l is impressive, but isn't it much easier when you're configuration is naturally balanced (I-6), and when your components are smaller and lighter in the first place? How many 8.0-liter V10's made by ANY company or tuner are out there with 100 hp/l? And what do they cost?
    Was that AEM Civic anywhere remotely street-legal, or even streetable? Any chance it used a wheelie bar? Any A/C? Power windows? Leather seats for both passenger and driver? Radio?

Regarding the Elise, yes, that too is an impressive car. Coming with years of experience by Lotus, and weighing so little, is anything but phenomenal performance expected? However, it's very much a track-only car with interior accomodations that are spartan even compared to the Viper. 0-60 is one thing, but how well will it keep up through the quarter mile? Standing mile? Top speed? The Viper clearly excels in these areas, and gives up very little (if anything) in the corners).

BTW, there are quite a few Americans who participate in road racing. It's not all about the quarter mile over here.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

supras r twin turbo. viper is a good car, and i like it a lot too. turbos. this viper is a awsome car no doubt about it, but still not too many ppl can touch the price. yes, natually balanced v6 r easier to make, and a lot cheaper to produce. but the honda floks r just keep pusing the limit of normal asprirated engines, and u gotta give some cridet for that. i only list the AEM civic to let ppl have some respect for jap cars, and it is the fastest front wheel drive car in the world and it is not street leagal, but just respect the enginering, cuz too many ppl thing cars other then american cars r peace of crap while they can do something american cars can't. as for lotus, ppl have diff emphasis while buying cars. like ppl who buys vipers i don't think they would ever care if the gas price goes up, and ppl who buys elise probably won't care if they have a/c or stero or not. it's matter of personal taste, it dosen't suck because of that<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<b>ok what i really mean is this car is overrated, its like the only good car america has made and it is sad. People are always comparing this car to lambos, mclaren, and high performance cars and say that this 800tt smokes them and of course it would its a car with mods to make it basically a full drag racer and the cars it smokes are street legal ones. But then you think about it i would rather drive like a Lotus or a Bently besides this thing because it looks good on outside but from pics its not that great on the inside, and one of my dads friends have a 2000 viper and i have gone for a ride in it but its not what everyone says it is, i use to love this car then i found out what a lotus elise and all the other cars besides ricers and vettes. So actually i dont hate this car its just not as good as people make it sound.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

"MY Favorite cars
    Skyline GT-R
    Supra Mark III
    95 Lotus Elise
    32' Ford Roadster (only good ford ever built)"

man what is wrong with your...sure i can under stand the Skyline and the supra, the Lotus my look awsome but is a heap of shit inside, and the ford...what can i say...?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

bluey dont be talking shit on Lotus and banpreso man i have to say thank you
    i know how you feel all the viper lovers only want big engine and moderate looks but if they would just look around at all the other cars.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

Excellent performance and in my opinion excellent looks (it's opinion that you think this has moderate looks). Plus, like I said before, this has excellent performance FOR THE MONEY! We can't all afford some of the more exotic cars, so we stick to something a little more reasonable.

12. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

Exactly, and mostly agreed. Different strokes for different folks.

Are those 1000+ hp Supras really using the stock twin turbos, or are they mostly using the single large turbo setup (with nitrous and/or race gas at that hp level)?

13. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>Exactly, and mostly agreed. Different strokes for different folks.

Are those 1000+ hp Supras really using the stock twin turbos, or are they mostly using the single large turbo setup (with nitrous and/or race gas at that hp level)?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

it's twin turbo, but two after market bigger turbos. the stock engine can handle up to 700bhp with no reinforcement, and with new piston and cam and injector and a balance tune, the best supra i've seen has 1400bhp<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

no nos with 1400bhp. there r gt supras due to weight and cooling concern only has one single turbo and a smallr engine due to concern in weight. the gt supras have 3sgte engine (2liter) and single trubl to get it over 680 bhp. but it's only for track racing only. 2 street versons r produeced, one by top secrest and one by someone else. <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<b>Exactly, and mostly agreed. Different strokes for different folks.

Are those 1000+ hp Supras really using the stock twin turbos, or are they mostly using the single large turbo setup (with nitrous and/or race gas at that hp level)?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They often use HKS turbos , without nitros for the factory modified cars (e.g Jun , Veilside...) , I don't know for home made tuned cars.

Don't know for the carburant.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<b>Question:

Answer:

Man that is not funny...

And how can u call the American stupid...just lok at some of the cars they made...<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bluey</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from James Kot</i>
    <b>Question:

Answer:

Man that is not funny...

And how can u call the American stupid...just lok at some of the cars they made...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes, thank you.

18. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

<b>Question:

Answer:

Because they have been hit in the head too many times by planes.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->choke on your tongue smart@ss son of *****! how can you be so crual towards the thousands of people who died in the towers the 9/11/2001? i can't understand and i can't tolerate that any #$%#in stupid ass hole speaks like that! you show your antiamericanism and your stupidness! that is! now go away from there!

19. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

Yeah, just get the hell out, drop the topic, and get back to the cars.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

well, going back to the subject, the 1/4th mile time of this car i have heard was 9,99 sec

21. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

No, I think the 1/4 mile time was 10.7, the 0-100-0 time was 9.99.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

What's the topic again...?<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

the topic is about 1/4 th mile times

24. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

Yeah, some guy said the 1/4 mile wasn't impresive. So seeing and 800+hp car roar down the track isn't impressive?<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: 800TT 1/4 mile

for us it is but for morons it isn't!