80's-90's everyday cars you don't really see anymore

Discussion in 'Car Pictures' started by MooSquad, May 14, 2016.

1. When becoming older, the cars of our child- and teenage time are simply becoming really rare. They're totalled, not worth repairing because they're not worth a penny anymore or exported to places where mobility has a much higher priority than fashion or safety. So this thread's about these cars from back then you used to see everywhere wherever you live(d).

2. This is the reason I start this, when I saw this black Nissan Sunny GTI-R (Pulsar in other markets). The Sunny of that generation is nowhere to be seen at all anymore nowadays, while it was sold for a good 5 years (1990-1995). The GTI-R has always been rare, however.
    [​IMG]

3. The Corrado. I believe 2 users here actually had one, even.
    [​IMG]

4. The Opel Rekord is an interesting one. Of course part of my childhood here which slowly disappeared just like everything else. But when I went to Russia the first time (2006) there turned out to be many surviving examples of the E2 Rekord driving around there, which has everything to do with the euro used (stolen) car export boom in the 90's to the other side of the iron curtain. Nowadays they're rare even there, however.
    [​IMG]

5. I saw one last week. I was suprised

MooSquad likes this.
  6. I also saw a renault 19. I remember them being everywhere in my childhood.

MooSquad likes this.
  7. Those seats in the R19 (I can only speak for the first generation) were amazing. They were slow as fuuu, but I loved spending time in it.
    [​IMG]

8. One of the lightest cars available at the time and the predecessor of the (also becoming rare) Saxo: The Citroën AX. Absolutely nothing wrong with them when it came to reliability for as far as I'm aware. Even the diesel version was pretty lightweight. I still think they look kind of cool.
    [​IMG]

9. I can't remember the last time i saw an ax or bx. They're cool.

MooSquad likes this.
  10. Fiat Cinquecento Sporting.

Fiat%20Cinquecento%20Sporting.jpg fiat_cinquecento_sporting_1994_01_b.jpg FHA325_Cinquecento Sporting 1.1i 1994-1998.jpg FHA325_Cinquecento Sporting 1.1i 1994-1998 A.jpg
    fiat_cinquecento_sporting_1994_03_b.jpg

Amazing to see how small and boxy it seems now! I haven´t seem them on the road for years. Last time I saw them was in front of the home of an enthusiast, who had a fully modded Abarth and a homemade convertible! This was about 4 years ago.

MooSquad likes this.
  11. Ah yes the Cinquecento. I used to have a polish friend in elementary school, his mom owned one. We went to chess club together and she was driving us. Imagine a Cinquecento going way too fast with a really Tiny polish woman with huge sunglasses and a giant sunhat behind the wheel, while cursing in polish out loud to other drivers. Ah yes, good times.

MooSquad likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

here's one more.

MooSquad likes this.
  13. Hahaha :D Yeah, my mom had a silver sporting with a little bit of Abarth stuff in the early nineties. I thought it was awesome back then, with the red accents. Never realised how small and boxy it actually was :p

MooSquad likes this.
  14. I still see Cinquecentos sometimes and Poland is a Fiat#1-country, the Seicento is still pretty popular there too. But the Tipo/Tempra and Croma.. yeah, those are seriously uncommon now. And the old-Panda, sadly.

edit: I remember there were also turbo kits available to push over 100 hp out of the 500, scary as hell, but technically the same unit as the 1st Punto GT. And the Trofeo rally version <3

15. Related, the Uno, also available as Turbo i.e.
    [​IMG]

16. Anyone remember the Nissan Bluebird with those vents next to the rear lights? lih at his clothes btw
    [​IMG]

17. Oh yes, the Croma lol! :D And I haven't seen the old Panda in ages as well...

MooSquad likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

Never see these anymore either. I always thought the targa roof was cool

MooSquad likes this.
  19. I can't remember those unfortunately

20. Sadly only the worst of the 5 (cr-x, puma, mx-3, 100nx, tigra) is still pretty common. And by that I mean the Tigra :(

Baklava likes this.
  21. Haha yeah the tigra is still around

22. My Grandpa had a blue one of these

23. Only cool thing about it! haha

24. As a result of their new-found rarity, the prices of these on the used market have rocketed in the last 5 years. You used to be able to get a VR6 for less than a grand. Recently I saw one for £8k!

25. One of my favourite 90s cars, the Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo
    [​IMG]

numbers and MooSquad like this.