911 Sportec GT1

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98 Straßenversion' started by Dr Porsche, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #1 Dr Porsche, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

good but mclaren still beats it overall.

McLAren OWNS YOU<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

I woulden't say that FAG, because it better than both MClaren in some categories. GT1 over Mclaren any day

4. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

Doc.... you gotta remember that the GT1 is Twin turbo. makes a big dif. Mcleren was goin for more of an f1 type setup. that sportec is damn tight though.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

you have to remember two things, the F-1 was built to be the fastest street car, and it used a detuned street version of BMW's F1 engine at the time.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

Very nice car, great power and unstoppable racing heritage. I'll take 3

7. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

awsome car.....if i get one billion then......

8. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

Can't be. I'm not sure but I don't think there's a V12 in Formula 1. Is there?

9. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

Can't be. I'm not sure but I don't think there's a V12 in Formula 1. Is there?

10. Re: 911 Sportec GT1

BMW designed an entirely new engine for the F1, it's not formula 1 derived at all. And Gordon Murray wasn't going for the top speed record. If he was doing that, why did he only ask BMW for 550hp and they gave him 627. 550 i believe is the same as the xj220, and if you're trying to beat a record you go for more hp, not the same.

11. The Sportec GT1 takes it overall.There have been a lot of conflicting performance figures all over the net for it,some better some worse.Logically it should beat it.The porsche GT1-R routinely beat the Mclaren f1 GTR as did Mercedes CLK-GTR so the Sportec with more power speed better power/weight ratio and specs in general would be no different.It would kick the McLarens ass.

12. No it doesnt actually

13. You are a moron, This would DESTROY the MCLaren F1