911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello' started by firefreezer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Now guys, it does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and has a top speed of a couple MPH more than the GT2. now, putting these cars together on a circuit track, which one u think would be better?

2. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

Probably the 911 GT2, because racing around a track is what the GT2 is built to do. The 575M Marenello is a GT car, built mainly for street use.

I'd like to see a ferrari 575M Marenello stripped out for racing like the GT2. It would be awesome.

3. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Jones</i>
    <b>Probably the 911 GT2, because racing around a track is what the GT2 is built to do. The 575M Marenello is a GT car, built mainly for street use.

I'd like to see a ferrari 575M Marenello stripped out for racing like the GT2. It would be awesome.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Look at this 550 GT.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

Gt2 is light, Maranello and Gt2 are too different. On track Gt2 wins, but Ferrari is very very fast and "simply" to drive, and is incredibly comfortable!!

You compare GT2 Vs 360Modena Challange or 360 GT...

Mafalda

5. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

in a recent magazine comparing the 2 , the gt2 was quicker but not by much. the ferrari looks better and if someone asks you"what do you drive?" there is no better answer than a ferrari!!
    plus how fun are paddle shift gears!!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

well its a nice car and all but wouldn't you rather a Merc SL55 AMG? just as fast, just as stylish [if not more so], better built & engineered and it has That Roof. if i was to buy a Ferrari i'd go for the cheaper & more forfilling 360 F1.

then again, if you were to spend this much on a car wouldn't you rather a nice, Ferrari-ass-kicking RUF R Turbo?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

Probably this Ferrari would win, but I'm not sure. The Porsche is the better all-around car between the GT2 and 575M. If the race was on rain or in winter let's say, the Porsche would win. Other than that, this Ferrari has been modified to be more like F1, so I think this Ferrari would beat the Porsche 911 GT2, not by far and depending on conditions of race.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

when these two are on the track there's no question about who will win...the porsche for sure in spite of all the f1 derived "tronics" the ferrari would just not be able to match the awesome handling of the gt2. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

Ferrari would win.
    Posche suck ass, they are like the poor mans ferrari,
    a BUDGET sports car and they are so incredibly slow.

10. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MrOzzieV8</i>
    <b>in a recent magazine comparing the 2 , the gt2 was quicker but not by much. the ferrari looks better and if someone asks you"what do you drive?" there is no better answer than a ferrari!!
    plus how fun are paddle shift gears!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    well said,... Fun is the whole point!!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

This would be close, really close. The GT2 might be a hair faster around a track, but I am not sure. As for which one I would drive, it would of course be the Ferrari.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 575M</i>
    <b>Ferrari would win.
    Posche suck ass, they are like the poor mans ferrari,
    a BUDGET sports car and they are so incredibly slow.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Porsche's don't suck
    <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

Aint no chance the porshe would beat da ferrari aint no way

14. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LaMb0z28</i>
    <b>Aint no chance the porshe would beat da ferrari aint no way</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well the Porsche 911 GT2 would beat this ferrari.(on the track)
    The GT2 simply has better handling and faster 0-60,0-100 times.
    All though if for some reason I had the choice of taken 1, it would definitely be the ferrari.

15. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

This car has more top end power and good handling to control it. But the GT2 has better acceleration. In a short race the GT2, in a long one the 575.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slinkywizard</i>
    <b>well its a nice car and all but wouldn't you rather a Merc SL55 AMG? just as fast, just as stylish [if not more so], better built & engineered and it has That Roof. if i was to buy a Ferrari i'd go for the cheaper & more forfilling 360 F1.

then again, if you were to spend this much on a car wouldn't you rather a nice, Ferrari-ass-kicking RUF R Turbo?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

not very original. you seem to post the same thing on every forum.

17. Re: 911 Turbo GT2 competitor?

lol