'93 5.0s are faster

Discussion in '1994 Ford Mustang GT' started by MaximusMeridius, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

I think that they started doing hp dyno different in 93 or somewhere like that. I think 94s have the same?

2. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

"dude but look how many cubes the camaro got on the stang...look at the 5.4L still smaller that camaro's but will romp on most..."

5.4? Which Ford Motor is this? The one that's in the lightning? Ford GT?

What can it "romp on" are you compared to a supercharged Motor with an N/A? The Corvette Z06 has a 5.7 and it has 400hp. That will 'romp on' even the Supercharged Fords. Dude, have all the ford love you want, it still does not make them faster. Ford is still making SOHC motors, they suck!

3. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

hey ass... its called a COBRA R ... dick head.... and jus cuz i like fords doesnt mean i dont like other shit... so what ive got a mustang...i also have a talon ... who cares

4. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

and i was talkin camaros not vettes... and the cobra r will give the z06 a run... im not sayin it will win or the z06 will win...

5. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

"hey ass... its called a COBRA R ... dick head.... and jus cuz i like fords doesnt mean i dont like other shit... so what ive got a mustang...i also have a talon ... who cares"

You sound like an educated man. Your use of "ass" and "dick head" was very poetic as well. You're also a worldly man, aren't you? I mean, you have a Mustang, and you actually like another car such as the Talon... Wow!!!!! I'm proud of you. Would you like a cookie?

6. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

"and i was talkin camaros not vettes... and the cobra r will give the z06 a run... im not sayin it will win or the z06 will win..."

I'm saying the z06 would smoke the Cobra R. It's faster no matter how you look at it. It'll even smoke the supercharged Cobra. I love when people have to compare the cheapest Chevy against the most expencive ford. "a mustang will smoke a Metro!!", "new mustang GT can take the 20 year old camaro" damn dude. If you're gonna take a Cobra R, compare it against something the same price. Z06 or at least a Normal C5.

7. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

I've only seen a few messages that were coherent and intelligent on this forum so far. Was this forum created so idiots could all gather together and learn how to write complete sentences? If so, maybe I should wait a few more years to post another reply.

8. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

im sorry for my incompetent posts above.. but i kno the z06 will probably beat the cobra R but it wouldnt slaughter it... i personally would rather have a cobra R for its collector value... speed isnt all... not to me at least

9. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

and actually the cobra R isnt that much more expensiv than a z06

10. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

hye, if you compare a 93 mustang to a 93 camaro, there is a bigger gap, dumbass. what kind of logic was that? ifyou will look at these stats, then you will see that while the camaro has stayed pretty stagnant, the mustang has just improved over the years.

1991 Ford Mustang GT
    Transmission: Manual
    0-60: 7.3
    1/4 Mile: 15.6

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
    Transmission: manual
    0-60: 5.7
    1/4 Mile: 13.8

1995 Ford Mustang GT
    0-60: 6.5
    1/4 Mile: 15.2

1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
    0-60: 5.5
    1/4 Mile: 14.1

2001 Ford Mustang GT
    0-60: 5.4
    1/4 Mile: 14

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
    0-60: 5.5
    1/4 Mile: 13.9

2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
    0-60: 4.8
    1/4 Mile: 13.5
    1/4 Speed: 105

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    0-60: 5.2
    1/4 Mile: 13.5
    1/4 Speed: 107

I'm just not following the whole "mustang sucks, camaro rools" argument. i can understand if you just like Camaros better that is you opinion. but stop bashing on mustangs which can easily hang with your car now and still cost thousands less and have a better ride quality.

11. Re:

BS! the 91 Z is not that fast period...and ive seen factory stock 94-95GT's run 14.6....

Anthony

12. Re: '93 5.0s are faster

the 93's are faster, one problem the 94's had was a slow comp. and you cant change the prom. 800 you can get a 93 comp installed making it run up to speed though, just a thought for any of you looking for upgrades or even those who already have some for your 94's. it only gains 3-6 hp but trust me, all your other upgrades will sky rocket in performance.