98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

Discussion in '1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe' started by bigvic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Who would win in a race? And has anyone seen a race between these 2 beasts?

2. Re: 98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

People always say that the WS6 always turns in a little quicker 1/4 mile time but I have seen them race and it is so close I leave it up to driver skill and reaction time! They are identical mechanically in every way so as a huge fan of both I say get both or just get the one you think looks better because it really doesn't matter otherwise.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

I will tell you one thing. My 97 SS gets beat. Not horribly but pretty obviously. The difference between the LT-1 and LS-1 is amazing. I am going to eventually supercharge my but I have to get the money first.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

U know, I've been a mustang fan as long as I can remember. But im not narrowed minded that thinking mustangs are the best. I am a bit dissapointed with the discontinue of TA's and camaros. I really hope they bring them back in 04. My dad has a 88 GTA, (for those who dont know, that was the WS6 back then, and it did come with a WS6 suspension.) Here is when i realized something was wrong. In the building i live in, is my dad's tranny, my 90 5.0 GT, and my neighbor's sweet 89 IROC-Z. One day i was driving and i saw my neighbor, i raced him and beat him (not by a lot) then my dad told me he beat him too. I was a bit shocked. So I did some research of 92-02 TA's vs. Z28. It turns out that they are the same chassis and engine, but pontiac turns their OWN engine before its put in the TA. If u look closer, the cc, are different from each other between the 2. And many times (due to the driver of course) i've seen TA's beat Z28's but a half car to a car, my friend is a die-hard chevy fan and he admitted this. The problem is, GM wants to advertise the camaro more than the TA and that pisses me off. Its not it costs more, the exact twin of the Z28, is the formula v8 difference between that and a TA, is interior features and ground effects kit. So i leave by saying "The screaming chicken lives in the camaro's shadow, its time to rise and take its rightful place as the dominant muscle car it always was"

5. Re: 98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

trust me when i say the ss is faster i have two friends who have a 99 ss and a 2000 ws6 and the ss takes the ws6 by like 4 or 5 car lengths and they are both stock.

6. Re: 98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

I just have two questions does your dad's 88 GTA have the 350 or the 305? (my dad has a 87 GTA with the 350 its a sweet 80's car) Also does the IROC-Z have the 350 or the 350.

7. Re: 98 Firebird Trans Am WS6 vs. 98 Camaro SS

Tie.