A Convertible!

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Firebird Raptor Concept' started by Mark, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This is truly a high performance brute of a car with a kick ass engine. There seems to be many sweet mods, but why would they make this a convertible. They are less ridgid, and much uglier, it just doesn't seem to make sense to so heavily modify a convertible when there is a coupe available.

2. Re: A Convertible!

I agree with you 100%. Especially when they could just have easily used T-tops. The convertible top also compromises structural rigidity and aerodynamics.

A lot of car manufacturers have made some stupid decisions with their performance cars recently. Four doors, front-wheel drive, automatic transmissions, rev-limiters.....PAH! I don't know what thats all about.

3. Re: A Convertible!

But I'm bored with this old fashion look...

4. Re: A Convertible!

most badass looking car on the planet. The front air scoops make it look so sweet<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: A Convertible!

I would guess that they use a convertible because they make the best cruisers for driving around. I know that I love going for ride's in convertibles roof down. Also, GM makes all cars that have a convertible option in a different way. That is that the roof is not a lateral structural support. All that a coupe roof does is help in roll-over and any good driver can prevent that. The same is with the corvette. In collisions, the convertible has the same collision structural integrity as the coupe.