A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

Discussion in '1966 Dodge D/Dart Super Stock' started by nd4spd2002, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This little Sonoma has a 427 cubic in. V8 with twin turbo and puts out 700 HP. It does 0-60 in 2.8 and 1/4 mile in 10.6 at 135 mph. It costs 137,000. It is one of the best trucks ive seen and if anybody has seen a truck that is similar to it or better leave me a post. Also so nobody thinks i made this truck up its in Car and Driver in the september issue. C ya later.

2. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

Yeah, I just got that issue and it's in there. And thank's for not saying it could stomp this truck. Obviously it could, but the price....<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

They fit that engine in a little pickup?

4. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

the 427 is just a bored out Corvette Z06 Engine.

(bored out 350 really).

And there's been 350 transplant kits available for sonoma's/s-10's/blazers/jimmy's for as long as I can remember.

Also, remember this is a specialty tuner truck.

And my cousin's dodge could destroy this Dodge, and your Sonoma.

But that's because he's got 1589 rwhp in his truck (Engine is a Highly Modded 426 hemi).

Oh and I forgot the name, but there's a Dakota out that will kill your Sonoma (and stop comparing a lightweight pickup to a full size).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, has anyone seen the new chevy Trucks's out now? Are they on crack or something? They screwed up a beautiful truck. What's with GM and its need to put out trucks and SUV's that look like ass (Avalanche, Rendevous, Pontiac's contender for the space program (Aztek), Cadillac's Escalade (front end anyways) and now they're also changing their current models to look like ass. GM Learn how to style. My God, ford trucks look better than your trucks now!

They really need to shoot everyone in the department in charge of coming up with the styling for their trucks/SUV's/Minivans/etc.

5. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

I wasn't comparing any trucks. I just saw that truck in car and driver and wanted some responses to it so i posted it in a truck forum.

6. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

The Ultimate Sleeper. I would love to come up to a light in that little pickup and roast almost everything on the road.

7. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

i was thinking the same thing

8. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

i agree it is a good truck but i would consider the srt ram better. When car and driver had that truck for a DAY they blew the tranny! Doesn't say much about a NEWLY Designed truck. They out to put a 6 speed in there out of a vette or something. Not to mention that turbos aren't the most reliable parts on the planet. I would go with the dependability of this truck (unturbocharged)- a true example of the beauty of detroit muscle. its either that or buying a new tranny every day.

9. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

yeah thats an awesome truck.

I love this truck too BTW. If only it would have the Alum V10 instead of cast iron.

10. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

last time i checked, he didn't compair it, not at all, and good for your cousin, nobody cares.

11. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

considering they didn't design the tranny specificallyfor this truck, and its not like they put that much money in desining it.. all they did was take a vette engine, and idk what weak AWD tranny and put it in there, as far as i know, there really aren't that many AWD trannys that can handle this much power, and bolt right on to a SBC, and there sure as hell aren't goona put the money in to designing it, and that is that

12. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

What about the gmc syclone awd turbo

13. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

Your awesome ffattback. Thanks.

14. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

How is that possible? The engine weighs more than the truck, if you can even call a sonoma a truck. I'll take the Ram any day.

15. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

whoever posted that stuff about chevy's trucks looking like ass is a moron. have u seen the new dodges. they look like what i put in the toilet, which is even uglier than ass. u are stupid and i dont know how u even figured out the internet u have about as much comon sense as my 6 year old brother. if chevy's trucks suck so bad why are they selling so good, they outperform all dodges and fords, that is why they are getting motortrends truck of the year constantly. u are an idiot and i hope that one day u will realize this and think before u type that way i wont have to make fun of u for being a moron. so shut the hell up and dont make idiotic comments that make people with more common sense in one brain cell, than u have in ur whole brain pissed.

16. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

You, bastard!!!! That INSANE amount of power, only can come from a monster truck(1589 hp), and, if you could far possibly get It, that amounts of power can't be taken to normal roads like you were riding your F&#$%"NG pink trycicle. That's for the pros. Maybe, (that I don't think so, but. . . ok) your cousin can be, but you are only making loud of something that Isn't even yours. So SHUT THE **** UP.

17. Re: A Great Truck : 2000 lingenfelter 427 AWD Sonoma

Yeah Truck Trend tested it too.