A Syclone would roast this truck.

Discussion in '1966 Dodge D/Dart Super Stock' started by DodgeFreak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Alright.

2. This is damn nice but a syclone (aslo a truck) with a mod chip would roast this truck. I think it does 0-60 in the 4's but im not sure where.

3. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

a #$%#in mod chip get a life
    mod this and well think about it
    the ultimate henesy 800 tt kit
    it would kick all ass
    wait it does already<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nd4spd2002</i>
    <b>This is damn nice but a syclone (aslo a truck) with a mod chip would roast this truck. I think it does 0-60 in the 4's but im not sure where.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you mean Cyclone? And who makes it, and what does it have, I've never heard of it?

5. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

No lol its actually spelt Syclone but i dont know why. Either chevy or GMC makes it, i think chevy though. TO see somethin similar look at the GMC typhoon on this site. The Syclone is faster than the typhoon but doesn't look as good (it looks like a pickup). Also you can see the Syclone on the web, just search for it.

6. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Alright, thank's for the info.

7. #7 3891CL, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Well, that link is a Typhoon, and it does 0-60 in 5.6, but this can do it in 5.0, and that Typhoon has 360 or so hp, and this has 500, so I'd definitely take this.

9. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

The point i was tryin to make is that if u put a mod chip in a typhoon it does 0-60 in under 5 secs and would take this SRT-10 ram. The car on that link is stock with no chip in it. THe chip adds like 90 hp.

10. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

the thing is the Typhoon can do 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, it just depends who's driving, and what the condtions are, i dont think the SRT-10 could run 5 seconds all day long, its going to vary... the Psyclone was much faster since it was lighter but... still your going to have at least .5 to .7 seconds for driver error and driving conditions

11. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from onlymopar</i>
    <b>Well, that link is a Typhoon, and it does 0-60 in 5.6, but this can do it in 5.0, and that Typhoon has 360 or so hp, and this has 500, so I'd definitely take this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BTW Syclone/Typhoon have the same engines rated at the same horsepower :D the difference being the syclone is lighter than the typhoon (truck vs. suv)

4.6L V6, Turbocharged.

280hp @ 4200 RPM
    360lb-ft @ 3600 RPM

Performance Specs

0-60mph: 5.3s Syclone / 5.0s SRT-10 (mind you this is highly influenced by the light weight of the truck

1/4 mile: 14.1s @ 93 mph SRT-10 / 12.9s @ 106 mph SRT-10

Top Speed: 126mph Syclone / 150mph SRT-10

Lateral Accel: 0.79g's Syclone / 0.92g's SRT-10

Also According to performance stats, it seems to run out of breath quickly, as it's 0-100mph performance is 17.8 seconds, in this time, the SRT-10 would have gone to 100 mph, and would almost be at a hault if both were to go frome a dead stop to 100mph to a dead stop, as the SRT-10 pulls this off (0mph - 100mph - 0mph) in 18 seconds.

Oh and for those who don't know, both the Syclone and Typhoon are both GMC's.

-The Dr. Is In<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dr. Claw</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from onlymopar</i>
    <b>Well, that link is a Typhoon, and it does 0-60 in 5.6, but this can do it in 5.0, and that Typhoon has 360 or so hp, and this has 500, so I'd definitely take this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BTW Syclone/Typhoon have the same engines rated at the same horsepower :D the difference being the syclone is lighter than the typhoon (truck vs. suv)

4.6L V6, Turbocharged.

280hp @ 4200 RPM
    360lb-ft @ 3600 RPM

Performance Specs

0-60mph: 5.3s Syclone / 5.0s SRT-10 (mind you this is highly influenced by the light weight of the truck

1/4 mile: 14.1s @ 93 mph SRT-10 / 12.9s @ 106 mph SRT-10

Top Speed: 126mph Syclone / 150mph SRT-10

Lateral Accel: 0.79g's Syclone / 0.92g's SRT-10

Also According to performance stats, it seems to run out of breath quickly, as it's 0-100mph performance is 17.8 seconds, in this time, the SRT-10 would have gone to 100 mph, and would almost be at a hault if both were to go frome a dead stop to 100mph to a dead stop, as the SRT-10 pulls this off (0mph - 100mph - 0mph) in 18 seconds.

Oh and for those who don't know, both the Syclone and Typhoon are both GMC's.

-The Dr. Is In</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Your very right, but you have to admit, for its time its still an awesome truck today.

13. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FerrariFun</i>
    <b>
    Your very right, but you have to admit, for its time its still an awesome truck today. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh of course, I love the Syclones (A friend of mine actually owns one). It's definately a fun truck, as will be this SRT-10.

I'm just pointing out facts :D.

I'm a dodge guy, but I take everything into account.

(Hell I'm a Dodge guy that owns a Chevy (1978 Corvette stingray, with a turbocharged 350 V8 putting out 650hp with an extra 200 from NOS, hooked to a 6 speed transmission off the newer corvettes, as well as the traction control, and active suspension off the new vettes. Been a 4 year project. I've got a Truck, but it's mostly for winter/hauling/offroading.)

:D<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

EVERYONE HAS MISSED MY POINT OF PUTTING A MOD CHIP IN IT BECAUSE A CHIP MAKES IT GO FASTER!

15. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nd4spd2002</i>
    <b>EVERYONE HAS MISSED MY POINT OF PUTTING A MOD CHIP IN IT BECAUSE A CHIP MAKES IT GO FASTER!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What I was trying to say is the Mod chip would only make it faster in the 0-60mph mark. This truck runs out of breath quickly (most of it's power is in the 3000-5000 RPM range). The real thing making it so quick 0-60 is the lightness of the truck. Remember, this truck is 5000 pounds :D.

Mod chips aren't worth 90hp BTW, I think it's closer to about 50hp is what my friend (who owns a syclone) said, and if it's 90, that's at the flywheel in ideal conditions, not the ground. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Oh i see now.

17. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

i got to drive in one of these and its pretty cool. not this kind but a ram1500. it was pretty cool.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Yeah, my dad has a 2002 Ram 1500 SLT with the 5.9L V8, and it's pretty tough and fast. My friend raced a Chevrolet Silverado Z71 and barely beat it, but when he raced me in my dad's truck, I stomped his @$$.

19. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

put a mod cip on the Ram if you are comparing.

Also the Cyclone looks like a pickup because it is a pickup.

Wait till the new Hemi R/T Dakotas come out.

345hp Plus gobs of Hemi torque in a Dakota,

Nice and I am waiting for it.

20. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Chevy makes it. And it is spelled Syclone, like you say, for all of the car amateurs out there.

21. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

I've seen Syclones and Typhoons run anywhere from 8 sec qaurter mile et's to 14 sec. I have yet to see anything, period, with a viper engine run faster than 9.5 sec quarters.

22. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

The syclone was definetly a sweet truck for its time, but most definetly does not do 0-60 in 4seconds, more like the 5second range.

23. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Yeah it can do 0-60 in the 4s most definatley. It has AWD so there is no tire skidding, and with some mods on the already turbocharged V6, the syclone can easly pull 0-60 in the 4s. It does 5.3 bone stock, so with some mods it would happen, and ive seen it happen.

24. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

i dont care what that listing says that truck will weight more like 4500lbs. Also, if you put a larger TB on that engine its gonna make around 530hp.. or you could get a custom SC system...

25. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Guys, yes i saw the Syclone. It WAS a great car for its time. But stop talking about Mod chips and modifications. The bottom line is that the SRT-10 is a VERY powerful stock car. Mod chips have nothing to do with anything