a true supercar icon!

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by ferdinand_porsche, Aug 10, 2002.

1. this car has been aroiund for 30 years and it still has both jaw droping design and asphalt ripping performancein todays competitive super car market!!!
    a truly amzing car.....<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: a true supercar icon!

Then go back to the porsche forum.

3. Re: a true supercar icon!

i gotta give props to lotus for making this car. it is one of the most enduring designs out there, it has survived over thirty years of production. one of the true supercar icons still around!!!

4. Re: a true supercar icon!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nismoGTR</i>
    <b>I LOVE PORSCHEs and i m sure you ve heard of the 24 hour lemans endurance race
    porsche won 7 times in a row plus others makes it the winningest car maker in history
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This is a Lotus Esprit forum, not a Porsche forum. But thats ok since I'm a Porsche fan. Esprit is one of the greatest and most enduring designs out there.

5. Re: a true supercar icon!

Again, aging design.

6. Re: a true supercar icon!

I LOVE LOTUS' =)

I hope you all too =) Awesome design who lives though the ages.
    But I like Porshces too =)
    They dun sounds a great though =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: a true supercar icon!

Yes! I cant believe people who criticise this design for looking dated. This is the only car Lotus makes that still carries the blood of the legendary Colin Chapman, to change it would be worse than sacrilege. As a die hard Lotus fan it warms my heart to see the Esprit standing against the tides of change.

8. Re: a true supercar icon!

Still looks great.
    So this Lotus isn't turbo charged right? The Turbo ones have horrible lag. Really great looking car.

9. Re: a true supercar icon!

To JohnLeMVP, Lotus turbocharge all their esprit's, with the option of 2 litre four or 3.5 litre V8. Whilst Esprit's do experience some turbo lag, they more than make up for it with gut-wrenching low RPM torque.

10. Re: a true supercar icon!

GTS George, it's actually either a 2.2L 4cylinder turbo or the 3.5L V8 twin turbo. The 2.0L model was the old old Esprits. C yas!! Mafs!!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: a true supercar icon!

Hehe..yep =)
    But still, honestly, I think the Lotus 4 -bangers are the sweetest sounding ones in the world =)
    They're 4s that sound like a finely tuned 6 or even a small 8 =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: a true supercar icon!

Sure, unless you count the fact that it, oh say...isn't.

13. Re: a true supercar icon!

Which is why it's so sweet =)
    The power, and the sound is so amazing =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: a true supercar icon!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Carman911</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nismoGTR</i>
    <b>I LOVE PORSCHEs and i m sure you ve heard of the 24 hour lemans endurance race
    porsche won 7 times in a row plus others makes it the winningest car maker in history
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This is a Lotus Esprit forum, not a Porsche forum. But thats ok since I'm a Porsche fan. Esprit is one of the greatest and most enduring designs out there.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

he probably ment to make a comparison between the lotus' virtually unchanged chasis and design features to the posche 911's...its been running almost as long or longer, im not sure<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: a true supercar icon!

The Lotus Espirit V8 is a damn nice car it will be a supercar of the future, Im sure.

16. Re: a true supercar icon!

Brian your a Doosh Bag!!!!!!

17. Re: a true supercar icon!

Jazman[Jason] you are a complete @$$$$$$$$$ HOLE, get off this webpage before i have to kick your @$$

18. Re: a true supercar icon!

Brian or 911 turbo your a mother Fucking doosh bag sucking butt hole licking dog and cat #$%#er!!!!!!

19. Re: a true supercar icon!

Ummm..guys..please smarten up..If you wanna insult each other..you might as well email each other.
    This has nothing to do with Lotus's or "PORSCHES"...

BTW, i agree...the porsche has changed so much over the years over and over..plus they have so much more funding due to it's relation to VW....
    Lotus is a lonewolf..the underdog..and for an underdog..I'm surprised @ what they can do. Now only if GM would get Lotus back so they can build better cars and tech.
    Plus....GM needs Lotus to work out the suspension and design for the Caddy GTR..

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: a true supercar icon!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JAZMAN</i>
    <b>Brian or 911 turbo your a mother Fucking doosh bag sucking butt hole licking dog and cat #$%#er!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote>
    <b>Dun fu@k this and Fu@k that, the admin guy will delete all your messages...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center>

21. Re: a true supercar icon!

Hmmmm..let him "PHOQUE (phonetically)" all he wants. Who cares if he gets deleted.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: a true supercar icon!

Hmm....really?
    Last I heard was that VW had acquired a large portion or Porshces Shares and management..Sorta like a slow take over.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: a true supercar icon!

Somebody needs to look up the VW/Audi/Porsche charters so we can get that ownership thing out of the way. But this is Lotus time, so...
    I rue the day that GM would ever get it's dirty, meddling hands on an icon like Lotus (?again?)

I agree that this is an automotive icon, although I think it's strayed a bit from it's roots. I still think that they should have put more development into the S4S, the last great 4cyl Esprit. Not to mention stripping out at least 300lbs. A well tuned, well driven 4cyl turbo can make plenty of torque out of the corners and has the natural advantage of that much less weight. I think they just did it to appeal to displacement-hungry Americans.

24. Re: a true supercar icon!

Sorry guys. I just had to let off some steam to my friend. Anyways the lotus is a really nice car. its engine is large but for its size it doesn't have alot of horsepower. the interior is very superb with leather almost surrounding you. this car is good for the price! I would buy it if I had the money.

25. Re: a true supercar icon!

I agree..this car is adequate =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->