Accord brake problem.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Shin, May 18, 2009.

1. My accord is acting up lately. It seems like the front brakes wont let go and keep clinging to the rotor even though i released the Emergency brake lever. It makes the grinding sound when in motions. What could be wrong?

2. A wheel bearing perhaps?

3. Your e brake is connected to the back brakes not the front.

4. Does it make the sound when you are braking?

Mine was like that and turned out that the rotors were rusted out pretty bad. I got new rotors and pads and it was fine.

5. yes, it makes loud spinning/grinding sound when braking. I'll inspect the rotors/pads this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. - Caliper piston seized
    - Caliper slide pins have lost lubrication and the caliper can no longer float, pressing either the inboard or outboard pad against the rotor all the time
    - ABS is #$%#ed.

Former co-worker had a 92 Accord, going down the street one day the driver's side caliper suddenly engaged, causing a heavy pull to that side. It happened completely at random, sometimes working, sometimes not. He replaced the caliper, the hose, the hard lines, the brake master cylinder and bled it numerous times, including the ABS unit per FSM instructions. He ended up selling it to a Mexican who blew the engine a month later anyway.