all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2001 Lexus SC430' started by E & E, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus' are just Toyotas dipped in gold.
    car companies have an image. when i see a Lexus driver on the street i think "stupid". for the same $$$ he spent on that he could have got something much better than a toyota made to look classy.

people arn't jealous, if they had the money, Lexus is the last thing they'd buy anyways.

2. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll admit that this car does look like a Hostess Twinkie with the top up or down, and it is really heavy. Also the new GS's are styled in a very strange manner, the ES is a more luxo oriented Toyota Camry. And yes, the Japanese luxury division basically looked at Mercedes and BMW and copied their specs. But you have to admit, the IS300 is a damn good copy of the BMW 328, and it doesnt look ugly. Plus they are trying to market towards a younger audience, they come standard with the "riced out" tail lights.

3. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus aren't all ugly.
    The sc 430 is pretty hot!!
    It doesnt perform that bad either.

4. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus are definitely not ugly. No performance, yes. But they definitely turns heads on the road.
    They maybe Toyota dipped in gold but these babies are of the same quality as any other prestige cars.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very ugly but looks better than the es300

6. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING UGLY CAR !!!

"BMW M3 Rules"

7. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre not only stupid but reptitive. you must know absolutely nothing about both of the companies history so you might as well look for a new hobby. it took mercedes almost 100 years to get where they are now by selling second rate over priced cars based purely on their badge. toyota saw an opportunity and took it and in only te last 10 years they have been outselling every benz on the market. proof? take a ride around town and see which you see more of. the arent cheap, just not overpriced

8. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to own a GS430. Thats my favorit lexus,but SC430 is not bad at all.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell no you didnt you dont know what you said im from the projects of new york and lexus rules there. I own a lexus gs400 i dont know how you can say there ugly dont be hating becouse you ont got the kind of money the lexus is worth!!!dumb mother#$%#er!!

10. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell are you talkn bout man.. lesus's arent ugly and they do not suck crap!!! they are awesome cars you stupid peice of shite.... what is better than lexus?? (besides mercedes or benltey or any of that other $200,000 luxury cars)?????

yeah thats what i thought

11. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you havent seen many lexus` have you!?!... well maybe i can change your mind. look at theese pics!

12. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus' definitely aren't ugly, but they don't look great either. However, what Lexus does have is:

AMAZING comfort
    EXTRAORDINARY Reliability
    Dead Silentness
    Very good acceleration
    Most of all... a very very attractive price, when compared to it's competitors.

13. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

infinti is way better, it owns this company!

14. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mephisto</i>
    <b>I'll admit that this car does look like a Hostess Twinkie with the top up or down, and it is really heavy. Also the new GS's are styled in a very strange manner, the ES is a more luxo oriented Toyota Camry. And yes, the Japanese luxury division basically looked at Mercedes and BMW and copied their specs. But you have to admit, the IS300 is a damn good copy of the BMW 328, and it doesnt look ugly. Plus they are trying to market towards a younger audience, they come standard with the "riced out" tail lights. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> toyota made those lights popular. They aren't "riced" out either because you used the term wrong. Those lights were on toyotas way back in 1998 before they were even popular in japan or anywhere else in the world.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post is stupid. How good something looks is an opinion. I personally agree that this Lexus is ugly. I've seen quite a few on the street and think they look horrible: Not bad cars, just ugly. On the other hand, this is the only Lexus I have seen so far that I thought was ugly. The rest of their cars look beautiful.

16. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexus arent ugly if you want to know so shut the hell up

17. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarbonIS300</i>
    <b>I own a Lexus IS300 and I have to say, my car looks better then any thing you will ever drive!!!!

Not to mention that my car with mods can have well over 800 Ponies. You don't believe look Turbo magazine for last month issue, they had a 606 WHP single turbo IS300 built by Toyomoto of Florida and, that is single turbo. If you swap the block with a Supra 2jzgte(this block is a dirrect fit reinforced for TT) twin turbo motor you will end up with with a car that will smoke exotic cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Bullshit. Your IS300 is a slow, overpriced piece. It also looks like a Nissan, which supports my theory that Lexus steals their designs from other companies (Mercedes, Nissan, Infiniti) and then insults these same companies in their advertising. As for an IS300 having 800 ponies, that is complete crap. There is no way on Earth, or in Hell, that a 6-cyl can be suped up that much. A "single turbo" cannot add 400hp to your car. Also, to handle 800hp, an IS300 would have to be HEAVILY modified, as the tires, chassis, brakes, and transmission would be severely overmatched by the power. Lexus builds cheap cars, and then sells them to status-seeking 30-somethings who know nothing about what a real car should be.

18. Kylehnat

Hey IDIOT!!! Who posted above me;
    do you realize that I could tune a freakin' YUGO to beat a Viper if I wanted to????

I sick of all the idiots who say that oh, there's no way that a tuned Supra could beat a tuned Viper, or worse those who compare tuned to stock.

If U hav. enuff. $$$, U can tune anything to have almost unlimited hp. Of course, it might not be v. cost-effective , but it's a free country.

Making a statement like that just proves how ignorant U R.

Right, Lexus build, "cheap" cars; tell that to MB, BMW, and the others who lost market share last year when Lexus, became (I think) the best selling luxury marque.

ALso, as for "cheap," looked inside an MB, or BMW or even an Audi for that matter, lately? They aren't exactly 100% "quality" interiors. MB makes cheaper interiors than it used too.

<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone ever seen the inside of this car? There is a useless rearseat that is meant to hold undersized golf bags. This car is not useful in the real world. But if it is good enough to be a pace car then it would be able to handle any race. I would personally get one of these if they dropped a bit of the weight down but i guess i could strip the car down myself. and i saw someone that said infiniti owned lexus? umm...idiot, get out of these forums if you think that. Infiniti is to Nissan what acura is to honda and what lexus is to toyota, so get it straight. But i have to say, Honda and Acura are probably one of the strongest Japanese partnerships i have ever seen, with toyota at second.

20. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all i can say is, "man your an ass gay" i'm sure your car looks a shizzle-load better you son of a retard.

21. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with a few mods
    an sc430 can look damn good
    here's a few examples

22. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where can i find those mods, i like the body kit from the first one!

23. #98 erickg, Sep 24, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.work-wheels.co.jp is the first one
    www.waldusa.com is the second one
    3rd one doesnt have a kit but has 19" dazz matiz wheels
    when done up these cars look badass

Erick G

24. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they finaly get the V8 part down and they stick it in a overwieght body.........go figure TOYota Some one needs to tell them that 4 valves are junk on V8s

Move
    Over
    People
    Are
    Racing

25. Re: all lexus' are ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?!...another hater?...when a person can't afford a certain car, they tends to hate on it!