All you who claim the Viper isn't a track car...

Discussion in '2001 TVR Tuscan S' started by 500from505, Sep 27, 2004.

1. #1 500from505, Sep 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    need to take a look at this.

http://www.track-challenge.com/main.asp?useframe=tracktest1.asp?ordering=8

Turns out it's every bit as fast as this "almighty" Tuscan S at Hockenheim. So if you arrogant brits want to disrespect the great American icon for it's simple engine and "bad handling", you might as well say the same thing about this Tuscan S.

BTW, I'm sure this is old, but wtf...

2. No one's saying anything cuz they know I'm right.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Long live the USA. Death to England!

j/k j/k

3. It was stated in the Article that the Tuscan had worn front tyres,

and the Viper isnt a track car, the SRT-10 couldnt even get under 8 min at the N-Ring. not even close actually. 8.13, pretty poor eh?

4. "and the Viper isnt a track car, the SRT-10 couldnt even get under 8 min at the N-Ring. not even close actually. 8.13, pretty poor eh?"

It isn't a car suited for the ring. The ring is extremely rough, and the SRT-10's chassis can't handle that. But on courses that aren't so rediculously rough as the ring (like 98% of the tracks out there), the SRT-10 is a very worthy track car.

Let's not forget about the upcomming coupe version either, aight?

5. I can't see the link so I'm not sure I'd you are comparing cars from the year, te Tuscan was "upgraded" in 2004.
    Keep also in mind that the Tuscan is not the track-dedicated car that TVR made, you are confusing it with the Sagaris.
    Keep also in mind that the Tuscan and all TVRs have no ABS or other electronic aids that the viper might have. This requires a lot more skills to drive to the max.