America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by Honduhluva, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

and I almost forgot...the original used a 4 speed......the new one has a 6 speed<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Don't forget the Mosler.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TailGate</i>
    <b>What ru f*king talking about! you say im stupid and give no f*king reasons. Its u whs f*ked starting arguements you cant finish. I think your trying to hold on to a 60s relic that died years ago- its quite pathetic!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes a relic with more history than you special ed classes can teach you. Did you know in its day the gt-40 won 4 straight times at le-mans? Oh you didn't. Now ford is bringing it back, only better. You act like a 10 year old, maybe you should come back when you grow up alittle, ok. Learn something before you speak, were are your facts to back up your argument...oh you don't have any, ok.

4. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Alright TailGate, I have a question for you. How do you know the GT40 can barely keep up with the Viper? Have you seen some data that the rest of us haven't?

5. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Oh Sh*t, an American talking about history, thats funny!!!!!!!!!!! youv got less of it than us mate.

6. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

ok mr tailgate man..then prove the gt40 cant keep up with a viper.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TailGate</i>
    <b>Oh Sh*t, an American talking about history, thats funny!!!!!!!!!!! youv got less of it than us mate.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh sh*t, a 12 year old talking about cars, now thats funny. We also have less kangaroos, so what's your point? Guessing by the "mate" that your from Australia.

8. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TailGate</i>
    <b>Oh Sh*t, an American talking about history, thats funny!!!!!!!!!!! youv got less of it than us mate.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh sh*t, a 12 year old talking about cars, now thats funny. We also have less kangaroos, so what's your point? Guessing by the "mate" that your from Australia.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    He must be a Brit or pretending to be a Brit.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

I was also hoping for a little more "supercar" characteristics , given the tradition of the GT-40. Ford just can't justify producing a $500,000 to $1,000,000 car. One things for sure, it WILL run circle around a Vette/Viper, and that's all I care about.

10. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

this car is about 100.000 grand, and if i know ford and their super chargers this thing will have huge amount of power at low revs, i would think 400 tourqe at around 2000 rpm(having seen what the cobra produces and lightning). so this thing will kill anything at the start(almost anything). and since the engine is also in the back it usualy means better traction. and the aero package means speed reaching around 200mhp. so i would defenitly count this as an super car.

11. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<b>Oh Sh*t, an American talking about history, thats funny!!!!!!!!!!! youv got less of it than us mate.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its another one of you people that is trying to talk shit about this car. I say get the #$%k of this thread.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Speaking before you think is like wiping your ass before you shit......Something you should know about. This site is seriously a dumbass magnet.<!-- Signature -->

13. Whats the point in bringing out a near identical supposed road version of a supercar which first entered production in 1965?

What is ford trying to prove? The original started it, why didn't ford bring out a toned down version of the GT90 instead? The Gt90 could have been a road car which could have competed with the likes of ferrari and mclaren. Instead they bring out a car that could hardly keep up with a viper.

Europe is the only place for supercars, wake up ford!!!!!!!

14. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

This is the third thread of yours that I've seen. Are you trying to break some kind of stupidity record?<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b>This is the third thread of yours that I've seen. Are you trying to break some kind of stupidity record?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't worry I think everybody know that this kid rides on the short bus. The only thing I can't figure out is how he has acsess to a computer with all those special ed classes he has to take?!?

16. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

What ru f*king talking about! you say im stupid and give no f*king reasons. Its u whs f*ked starting arguements you cant finish. I think your trying to hold on to a 60s relic that died years ago- its quite pathetic!!!

17. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<b>What ru f*king talking about! you say im stupid and give no f*king reasons. Its u whs f*ked starting arguements you cant finish. I think your trying to hold on to a 60s relic that died years ago- its quite pathetic!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    ok<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<b>Whats the point in bringing out a near identical supposed road version of a supercar which first entered production in 1965?

What is ford trying to prove? The original started it, why didn't ford bring out a toned down version of the GT90 instead? The Gt90 could have been a road car which could have competed with the likes of ferrari and mclaren. Instead they bring out a car that could hardly keep up with a viper.

Europe is the only place for supercars, wake up ford!!!!!!!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I think your mom had a chance of a good life...then she gave birth to u.. another stupid child...thinking u know most about the world....you dont know jack shit<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

i am glad ford didn't change the look that much, only the structure and engine. this is the coolest thing out of anywhere for me. and its my preference.

20. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

I agree with both of you guys. I'm glad they didn't change the look much, but I don't like the wheels very much.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

You freaking retard, just sit down and shut up!

22. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Has no one realized that this car is toptally different from the original in every way but looks? It is an all new chasis, a totaly different engine, tranny, suspension, etc. And Tailgate, just give it up. You are either really trying to make a point and failing miserably, or your just a pathetic kid who can only get a power fix by pissing people off. Either way its sad.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TailGate</i>

Oh sh*t, a 12 year old talking about cars, now thats funny. We also have less kangaroos, so what's your point? Guessing by the "mate" that your from Australia.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    He must be a Brit or pretending to be a Brit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think he's pretending that he's not a retard, and he's not doing a very good job....

Newflash: This is not Americas only Supercar, we've made them before.

Vector M12, Vector W8 Twin Turbo, Saleen S7, Callaway C12R, and then other "semi-supercars" like the Viper, Panoz Esperante, Shelby Series One, etc.

The 60's GT40 has damn good performance, even by todays standards. The new one has a few more horses, and modern tires....What does that tell you?<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

As far as American supercars go we must not forget the Saleen SR, the 150 grand mustang that always wins......Ohhh how I love Saleen. And I honestly cant say anything bad about Vettes or Vipers, we all know we'd drive em all given the chance

25. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<b>.

Europe is the only place for supercars
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's attitudes like your's that bring down the quality of these forums.