anniversary cars are a joke

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by Mark, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pkripperf1</i>
    <b>New Paint and some stupid decals on your car, viola!! lets sell it to these idiots as a special edition! Chevy thinks we're a bunch of morons. If they wanted to celebrate they should work on the engine. Isn't the Z06 good enough to celebrate? how about a Z06 coupe?!!! this is as stupid as those ugly GM pace cars that you see on the street.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your an idiot, anniversary editions are made to be way better performers, they are often bought just to cruise and show off or preserve for collectors purposes.

The Z06 is on the hardtop model becuase it is the lightest and the most rigid. Making the package available on the coupe would defeat the purpose, and you would probably want it with an automatic.

2. New Paint and some stupid decals on your car, viola!! lets sell it to these idiots as a special edition! Chevy thinks we're a bunch of morons. If they wanted to celebrate they should work on the engine. Isn't the Z06 good enough to celebrate? how about a Z06 coupe?!!! this is as stupid as those ugly GM pace cars that you see on the street.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mark</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pkripperf1</i>
    <b>New Paint and some stupid decals on your car, viola!! lets sell it to these idiots as a special edition! Chevy thinks we're a bunch of morons. If they wanted to celebrate they should work on the engine. Isn't the Z06 good enough to celebrate? how about a Z06 coupe?!!! this is as stupid as those ugly GM pace cars that you see on the street.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your an idiot, anniversary editions are made to be way better performers, they are often bought just to cruise and show off or preserve for collectors purposes.

The Z06 is on the hardtop model becuase it is the lightest and the most rigid. Making the package available on the coupe would defeat the purpose, and you would probably want it with an automatic.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well he does have a point. All Chevy did was slap on some badging. How about upping the power in the Coupe and Convertible to 385 or 405 and then further hot rodding the Z06 to oh say 450hp. I mean the car is half a century old and all GM does is give the car some pretty floor mats. GM really half asses things in terms of anniversary cars. They shouldn't even bother. A typical GM anniversary car is the top of the line model with some pretty floor mats and some anniversary logos sewed into the headrests and at the most some suspension tweaks. If you're gonna half ass the job why even bother. No doubt the Vette is the best bang for the buck sports car (and arguably one of the best sports cars in the world) but it's anniversary edition deserves more. The only bad ass anniversary product to roll out of GM was the '89 Trans-Am 20th Anniversary with the Turbocharged 231 cube V6. In the end the Vette is a great car but I wouldn't see myself throwing down a couple grand for some status and a few logos. Gimme a black Z06 please. Nothing like a torquey American V8.

4. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bruddah man matt</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mark</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pkripperf1</i>

The Z06 is on the hardtop model becuase it is the lightest and the most rigid. Making the package available on the coupe would defeat the purpose, and you would probably want it with an automatic.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well he does have a point. All Chevy did was slap on some badging. How about upping the power in the Coupe and Convertible to 385 or 405 and then further hot rodding the Z06 to oh say 450hp. I mean the car is half a century old and all GM does is give the car some pretty floor mats. GM really half asses things in terms of anniversary cars. They shouldn't even bother. A typical GM anniversary car is the top of the line model with some pretty floor mats and some anniversary logos sewed into the headrests and at the most some suspension tweaks. If you're gonna half ass the job why even bother. No doubt the Vette is the best bang for the buck sports car (and arguably one of the best sports cars in the world) but it's anniversary edition deserves more. The only bad ass anniversary product to roll out of GM was the '89 Trans-Am 20th Anniversary with the Turbocharged 231 cube V6. In the end the Vette is a great car but I wouldn't see myself throwing down a couple grand for some status and a few logos. Gimme a black Z06 please. Nothing like a torquey American V8.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree, they could have gone a little further with the packaging, maybe some new wheels or a special gauge package. Although quite a few of these cars will be snatched up by collectors and put in car bubbles for 20 years.

5. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

true true. they shoulda boosted up the horsepower and maybe changed the rims a little or a hood scoop off of an old vette or something. they should brought in something off of one of the first vettes to make it more annivarsery, but thats just what i think. what do yall think?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

All I'm asking is to stick the Z06 engine in a more attractive coupe. It aint that hard to do.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pkripperf1</i>
    <b>All I'm asking is to stick the Z06 engine in a more attractive coupe. It aint that hard to do.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Z06 package isn't just the engine, and the hardtop in a lot of people's opinions is actually the better looking one, as well as lighter and more rigid. The Z06 is a pure sport version with no exceptions.

8. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

Well they did throw in a new suspension system.

What do you want them to do, throw in an LS6 and watch their ZO6 sales plummet?

9. Re: anniversary cars are a joke

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b>Well they did throw in a new suspension system.

What do you want them to do, throw in an LS6 and watch their ZO6 sales plummet?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats a good point. I do think they should have changed the rims though!<!-- Signature -->