Another high powered japanese sports car

Discussion in '2002 Acura DN-X Concept' started by nickss16, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

errm.... the new xenons are self levelling, and thus, dont shine in the eyes of the oncoming traffic. I dont even really see how theyd bother you before unless you were looking right at them<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vader</i>
    <b>xenons blow ass. night vision is not only driver friendly but also friendly to people driving toward you. I've driven toward people with xenons in their precious little civics and lancers and it sucks because it blinds the hell out of you. buy xenons if you want to be a dick.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Civics dont come with Xenons, and I doubt that anyone would pay enough money to add them to a civic. You are probably seeing the poser xeonons which are really just halogen bulbs with filters. They try to make the light look more bluish like xenon and in the process filter out usefull light, making your headlights more effective and making the person driving the car look like the lamest poser. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

xenons blow ass. night vision is not only driver friendly but also friendly to people driving toward you. I've driven toward people with xenons in their precious little civics and lancers and it sucks because it blinds the hell out of you. buy xenons if you want to be a dick.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

way to crap all over my argument. Oh and that Caddilac night vision stuff is retarded. Just give me xenons.

5. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

I don't know the cars in Europe I've seen like from Chrysler, Smart, ugly as sin. By the way if America steals the technology why do we have E85, a 85% to 15% ethanol to gas mix. Better fuel economy, 100-105 octane, and an increase in horsepower 10%. Of course you need the E85 engine but that runs on either normal gas or E85. These engines are not small either 5.7 L in trucks. The ethanol comes from corn, causing us to have our own fuel source. Also we have natural gas technology in vehicles which i have not seen in Japanese cars.

6. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

First off, the Caddy's system is alot better than the Xenons, because you get a viewable field that's alot better than just looking out with super-bright headlights. That aside, I don't think I could drive the DN-X. Drive-by-wire weirds me out, I prefer having full contact with my steering system. Also, what happens when your engine dies, does the DBW run off the battery? Even with a power assist car, you still are in contact with your wheels. I must say, the technology involved in this car is cool, but its got alot of things I don't think would be good to drive hard with. I think having a clutch on this would be nice too, I'm not fond of clutchless stick-shifts. The headlights are a cool innovation, its cool to see something creative like that. The car is cool, even if ugly, but its not for me.

7. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

paul umn, you don't know much about ford do you, specially ford of europe, since ford of europe has 7.5 percent and honda has 1.3 percent of europe market share. why becuase ford has much better theq than japanese do for small engines. example their new 2L diesel engines are makeing 130horses same as 2L gas engine(pretty close). they are produding 1.1L engines that use the same tech as their gas engine and are much higher horse power. how about the new gear box in the ford 500 CVT. or lets see the hybrid focus and suv coming out. hmmm and since ford owns volvo you know they will be much safer than other cars in class specially the new focus coming out. what do american cars bring to the market the same amount any japanese car manufacturer brings to the market. and first hybrid car drivable was made by gm.

8. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

Steal the technology? On what do you base that?
    Burn to much gas? With the eception of this, show me a 400 Hp car getting better MPG than the Z06.
    No technology break throughs? How about night vision HUD in a Caddy?
    How about the Ciens engine management system? HUD in the Vette? VR desigh of the Intrepid? (The first car ever to exclusivly use this 3d solid modeling technology.)
    Take a look at the cost of development of most cars like this. This is a prototype, nothing more. You will not see 400HP Hondas on the street anytime soon with 42 mpg. It showcases technology that will appear on other cars. This is great. This will be a good platform for more practical, usefull technology.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vader</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Paul UMN</i>
    <b>Sure, they body is ugly, but with all that power and the high tech features on this car it seems awsome. I like this car because it has technology in it, not the worthless high displacement U.S. gas guzzler's that put out 10 hp/liter.

In the unlikely event that they produce the DN-X, I'm sure it will be hella expensive and that they will make it look good before release... after all can you name one ugly acura that has been produced? I can't. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    American engines are not worthless. And if THOUSANDS of people said it before, I'll say it again... HP/LITER MEANS JACK SHIT!!!!! Yea this car's technology is cool, but that doesn't make any other make a POS. You, boy, are ignorant. There's no need to bring up American/European cars that will simply murder the DN-X in a drag because that's not what the DN-X is designed to do. Just as American cars aren't designed to have 1000 hp/liter (not that this matters).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well the reason why I dont like American Muscle cars is because the burn gas and they have no break through technology. Big deal, what they are doing now was being done decades ago, wow... impressive.

IMO the American Muscle car will die when gas prices finally rise to what they are in Europe and when all the foreign companies have developed far superior hybrid/output technology.

Sure, the Americans will be able to steal the technology which import companies have worked hard on developing, but it's not that simple. It will take Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. a while to adjust to the new market and implement the technology properly. In the mean time the companies that are actually trying to advance cars technologically right now will have the upper hand in the future.

-Technology... the replacement for displacement

10. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

<b>I'm not saying that they are bad or anything. Take NSX for example. Very nice car, good power, good handling, VERY OVERPRICED. This vehicle will probably be the same way as is with most japanese cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The NSX is hand built. Kinda cheap for a hand built one.

11. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Paul UMN</i>
    <b>Sure, they body is ugly, but with all that power and the high tech features on this car it seems awsome. I like this car because it has technology in it, not the worthless high displacement U.S. gas guzzler's that put out 10 hp/liter.

In the unlikely event that they produce the DN-X, I'm sure it will be hella expensive and that they will make it look good before release... after all can you name one ugly acura that has been produced? I can't. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    American engines are not worthless. And if THOUSANDS of people said it before, I'll say it again... HP/LITER MEANS JACK SHIT!!!!! Yea this car's technology is cool, but that doesn't make any other make a POS. You, boy, are ignorant. There's no need to bring up American/European cars that will simply murder the DN-X in a drag because that's not what the DN-X is designed to do. Just as American cars aren't designed to have 1000 hp/liter (not that this matters).<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

Sure, they body is ugly, but with all that power and the high tech features on this car it seems awsome. I like this car because it has technology in it, not the worthless high displacement U.S. gas guzzler's that put out 10 hp/liter.

In the unlikely event that they produce the DN-X, I'm sure it will be hella expensive and that they will make it look good before release... after all can you name one ugly acura that has been produced? I can't.

13. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

I think that it would have to wait a few more decades before it came out. The public can't possibly be ready for a car like this. This would definantly be the most outraegous car on the road if produced within the next 5 years. But otherwize, looks like an intern designed it without thinking of the body design. But the engine is nice.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

Personally, I like the Honda Dualnote better, but this car would still be amazing if it was produced. I could make a more educated decision if there were more specs for this car. I love its interior, though.

15. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

Yea it has cool features and everything but most of the features are probably pretty difficult to use by the driver while driving. Plus (in my opinion) this cars is ugly as sin. Gimme a car I can drive, not one I have to pilot.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Another high powered japanese sports car

I dont think that they will produce this, but i do like it and hope that they do. Honda isnt the first company to make a high powered hybrid concept though. The first company to produce one of these is going to have a real winner on there hands

17. I'm not saying that they are bad or anything. Take NSX for example. Very nice car, good power, good handling, VERY OVERPRICED. This vehicle will probably be the same way as is with most japanese cars.<!-- Signature -->