Antivirus programs?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by confusedshus, Jan 5, 2008.

1. I just got a new computer (given to me) that doesn't have any any antivirus software outside of the standard Windows antivirus. Will this keep me virus-free if it's properly updated, or do I need a proper antivirus program? And if I do, is there somewhere I can get a good one for free?

2. #2 SpoonsCamaro, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. you should just dish out some cash and get an account with trend-micro. imo the best anti-virus program out there

4. Not Norton. I uninstalled it, because even with 2gb of ram it was making startup slow.

5. The computer I'm on right now has Norton and it's absolutely horrible. Never again.

6. I thought it was just Norton that was bad, but AVG manages to #$%# up your PC/Laptop as well by constantly updating with bullshit updates that do #$%# all.

I hate Anti-Virus software.

7. avg doesn't #$%# up anything for me. just updates regularly

8. If you happen to end up on a dodgy site (by choice or by accident), AVG will twat itself for six.

And the updates are annoying as hell, even with 2GB RAM.

9. your ram must be broken, they take about 30 seconds

10. Kaspersky is by far the best I've ever used. So good that I actually bought it, which the first time I've paid money for AV, basically ever.

12. Aff no not AVG. Use NOD32.

13. Correct.

14. I have 1gb ram, and dial up, and AVG causes no problems for me.

15. srsly

17. lol @ recommendations.

Get nod32, only one worth considering.

18. Aye.

I've tried just about everything (Norton, Symantec Corporate, Bit Defender, Avast, and a few others), and I prefer AVG. Even bought the home edition (3 licenses for 2 years).

19. BitDefender and NOD32 are the two best out there.