Any new specs?

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by LanciaDeltaIntegraleS4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Have they released any new specs for this car? Weight? Lateral grip? Acceleration? Price?!? I'd love to see some lap times for this car; if it has good track manners and still maintains such a high level of luxury, I would be very impressed.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Any new specs?

I wouldn't expect anything for a very long time. It's going to be a 2004 car, which means we will have to wait at least 18 months until it gets released.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Any new specs?

I'll be shocked if this thing is street legal. Most cars with over a 6-speed aren't legal on the streets. I could see extremely affluent people dragging this thing on the streets. I would give so much to even be within 10 feet of this utter Gigacar. This is the best car ever created--Ferrari cannot compete when it comes to this car. Ferrari is wimpy compared to this. Porsches just aren't porsches when compared to this. This car is the King of Cars! But God is the King of Us.

4. Re: Any new specs?

wouldnt matter on the 1/4 coz you would only get to gear 5 or 6
    i need to know the excelleration so i can keep baggin the dauer<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Any new specs?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mclaren777</i>
    <b>I wouldn't expect anything for a very long time. It's going to be a 2004 car, which means we will have to wait at least 18 months until it gets released.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's what I was afraid of. I've been watching this series of car for three years, so I guess I can wait another year to find out the details. They should have made the EB218, man oh man that would have been the best car ever. Screw Maybach. Arnage what? To hell with Silver Seraph.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Any new specs?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bugatti246</i>
    <b>I'll be shocked if this thing is street legal. Most cars with over a 6-speed aren't legal on the streets. I could see extremely affluent people dragging this thing on the streets. I would give so much to even be within 10 feet of this utter Gigacar. This is the best car ever created--Ferrari cannot compete when it comes to this car. Ferrari is wimpy compared to this. Porsches just aren't porsches when compared to this. This car is the King of Cars! But God is the King of Us.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've never heard of any transmission regulations. Trucks and big-rigs have 8+ speed transmissions all the time. 6 just seems to be the number that everyone's comfortable with right now. Used to be 4.

Why would you drag this thing? You wouldn't have anything to prove; you're probably already better than anyone out on the track and you spent more on your car than most racing companies do on their dragsters or track cars.

We'll see how this thing drives compared to the F60. Porsche doesn't make any $800,000 cars except the GT1, which would probably rape this thing on a track.

Let's hear it for God!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Any new specs?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bugatti rulz</i>
    <b>wouldnt matter on the 1/4 coz you would only get to gear 5 or 6
    i need to know the excelleration so i can keep baggin the dauer</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

My guess is that this thing will get to about 160 in the 1/4, if it's geared right. 1st will take you to 60, 2nd to 100, and 3rd to 150, 4th to 175, 5th to 200, 6th to 230, and 7th to 255. If my (absolutely unfounded) guess is right, you wouldn't need to shift out of 4th in the quarter. However, they might gear it steeper because it's AWD, so you can handle all the wheel torque at the launch. 1st might only take you to 45 and 2nd might take you to 100 or so. Hard to tell when you're making it up as you go!

Then again, the Veyron might weigh upwards of 5000lbs, which means that it'll do somewhere near 12s in the quarter mile. In which case, you wouldn't take it on the track because you'd get eaten by Z06s which costed 1/16th the amount you paid for your Bugatti.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Any new specs?

my quetion is, why is this 16/4 1001.1 bhp, and the 18/4 is only 555 (i say only as if that's chicken feed, but by comprison, it is).